Friedman: Washington looking to move a contract to re-sign Dillon

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Panik, Kempný, Hathaway, Jensen, Hagelin. Latter two less likely to be moved. I’d be all for moving a couple to few of them and making some bigger moves.

Reactions: benbenthelava

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Realistically, what is the price for guys like Kempny and Panik? I wonder if Buffalo would look at Kempny given their current NHL LHD depth chart is Dahlin and McCabe (and either Miller or Montour playing their off-hand, which isn't preferable).

Liam Smith

May 8, 2017
Massachusetts
Willing to bet it’s Kempny. They have Fehervary Who looked good in his regular season stint and the playoffs and he’s pretty much ready to step into 3LD. Kempny hasn’t been the same player since that injury vs the lighting late last season. Hope he can get back on track as he seems like a good guy.

The real question will be what they do with the right side. Jensen looked great in the playoffs and late reg. season after looking horrific in the first half. I can see them adding a 2RD to play with Orlov and recreate that shutdown pair we once had with Niskanen.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The real question will be what they do with the right side. Jensen looked great in the playoffs and late reg. season after looking horrific in the first half. I can see them adding a 2RD to play with Orlov and recreate that shutdown pair we once had with Niskanen.

You would think that Jensen would be the 2RD. His play stabilized down the stretch. He is fast and covers a lot of ice. Some analytics indicate he is the best penalty killer on a team with a much improved pk.

I think the question is what do they decide to do with Orlov and Carlson? In the Trotz/Reirdon era the Caps split their first pair with one concentrating on defense and one on offense. With a new coach it might be they change that. Example:
Orlov Carlson
Dillon Jensen
Siegenthaler Fehervary

Thats more of a traditional 1st pair, 2nd pair, 3rd pair line up. Orlov and Carlson get the shutdown duty and push for offense with the Caps using Vrana Backstrom and Oshie as the matchup line.

The only problem with that is that there is no offense to speak of after that first pair

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad