Post-Game Talk: Washington Hockey Team @ Actually it's a peninsula 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Watching this game makes you realize it’s not really a systemic issue, not too much correctable. Islanders have a lot of good, shifty puck handlers and we just can’t keep up.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Watching this game makes you realize it’s not really a systemic issue, not too much correctable. Islanders have a lot of good, shifty puck handlers and we just can’t keep up.

I don't see it that way. Their defense is just better than ours, so they have less breakdowns in coverage. We're no longer the 16-17 Caps that would just play Harlem Globetrotters with any defense in the league.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
goalie plays good, they could steal the game but that would be boring... wilson lay some1 out pls

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The point is to draw the first forechecker and beat the defense with speed in the neutral zone. Usually Kuznetsov or Vrana will be the ones attacking the neutral zone with speed and catching Ds flat footed.

They call that the slingshot zone entry. It used to work all the time a few years ago (it's a relatively new technique). Now it doesn't work that well anymore, the drop pass often gets picked off and can lead to a breakaway in the other direction. The PK also stacks their players on the blue line and force the PP to go offside (no one wants to dump it in on the PP).
Thanks fir the explanation. It doesn’t look fluid or efficient at this point.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Dillon again with the turnover on a stupid pass.

I have tried to defend this team as much as anybody here but they are really starting to stink up the place.

Lavi needs to do his f***ing job. It is painfully obvious that Dillon needs to sit.
And Chara is an old man as far as pro sports goes so he needs to be rested accordingly. I cannot believe Lavi wants to play just 6 D's for the entire season, especially when the mistakes are obvious to a complete amateur.
I can't wait to get into the playoffs with an over-tired Chara, an incompetent Dillon, and then bring in Seigs or TVR and have them try to play in the "system" when it matters the most.
Total headscratcher....

Reactions: Empty Goal Net

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
What's an even bigger disaster is not having more than 6 dman ready for the playoffs... if one guys goes down we'll have an extremely rusty player playing.

Snap! I was typing my comment when you posted yours. Great minds think alike!

Reactions: um

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Dillon again with the turnover on a stupid pass.

I have tried to defend this team as much as anybody here but they are really starting to stink up the place.

Lavi needs to do his f***ing job. It is painfully obvious that Dillon needs to sit.
And Chara is an old man as far as pro sports goes so he needs to be rested accordingly. I cannot believe Lavi wants to play just 6 D's for the entire season, especially when the mistakes are obvious to a complete amateur.
I can't wait to get into the playoffs with an over-tired Chara, an incompetent Dillon, and then bring in Seigs or TVR and have them try to play in the "system" when it matters the most.
Total headscratcher....
They’re in first place... in the toughest division in the nhl... and you think they are stinking up the place.

pretty sure we have best record in nhl over past month or so too.

and siegs stinks. So that’s not an upgrade either

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->