Post-Game Talk: Washington Hockey Team @ Actually it's a peninsula 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Dillon and Chara provide more value than just scoring. If Vrana isn’t scoring he’s a liability.

You mean like how they consistently screw up easy clearing chances? Or turn the puck over for high quality scoring chances for the other team? Both of them are beyond worthless at this point.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Making a mistake is a lot different than putting in no effort.

Consistently putting in effort, but getting outplayed, outhustled, outeverything'd is better? Or does it prove that they're not up to par?

The reason this team gets hemmed in is because of those two. Slow, can't move the puck, can't clear the puck, can't stop giving the puck away... etc..

Need faster and younger d-men.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
What’s the point of passing the puck backwards while coming up the ice on the PP? It always looks so awkward to me. Odd.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
What’s the point of passing the puck backwards while coming up the ice on the PP? It always looks so awkward to me. Odd.

The point is to draw the first forechecker and beat the defense with speed in the neutral zone. Usually Kuznetsov or Vrana will be the ones attacking the neutral zone with speed and catching Ds flat footed.

They call that the slingshot zone entry. It used to work all the time a few years ago (it's a relatively new technique). Now it doesn't work that well anymore, the drop pass often gets picked off and can lead to a breakaway in the other direction. The PK also stacks their players on the blue line and force the PP to go offside (no one wants to dump it in on the PP).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->