OT: Washington Football Team: What's in a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
You know, if it happened a couple of times during a massage just due to random attraction, I might buy it.

But dozens of women all telling the same story about you doing skeevy crap to get them to touch your junk? And you're combing the net for new 'therapists' when most pros are probably going to stick with someone that really gets the therapeutic results they supposedly want?

Nah, bruh. u gilty.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’m also curious now how many more unknowns happily took his money for the happy ending...I have a hard time still believing this is a one sided, Cosby-like serial predator scenario. Gotta see that proof to believe it personally....I’m sure that will offend some, so if so, sorry. Not siding with him, but I believe in due process.

like that joke on SNL, busting on Mike Vick for not having a weed guy to transport his stuff, DW should have a buddy as the gatekeeper to all this personal nonsense.....if you MUST put yourself into these situations.....

better yet, get married, have kids, and eliminate the risk lol...

at one point in my young adult life I started to see potential “friendships” by the “who has more to lose” scenario....almost always, it was me lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: max21

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
You know, if it happened a couple of times during a massage just due to random attraction, I might buy it.

But dozens of women all telling the same story about you doing skeevy crap to get them to touch your junk? And you're combing the net for new 'therapists' when most pros are probably going to stick with someone that really gets the therapeutic results they supposedly want?

Nah, bruh. u gilty.

This^^^.

Rich powerful men have a tendency to think "I can whip my junk out and stick it in your hand/face/mouth and as long as you don't run screaming out of the room, its "consensual". We've all heard the brag about "when you're a star they let you do it". I think people are finally starting to wake up to the fact that this isn't OK, but still too many of these victims are terrified to come forward, so it tends to happen in the security of a group like this.

This sounds like a pure serial predator, who thinks "they wanted this" in his mind when in their minds they are being terrorized and didn't want any of it.

Reactions: Hivemind

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Both edge rushers repped by the same agent is interesting.

Wasn't too long ago that like half of all players had the same agent, Drew Rosenhaus. Per wiki he has 170 clients right now. Lee Steinberg has over 300.

My guess is, Sweat and Young are pals, or at least trust each other, and Sweat tells Young "my agent sucks" to which Young says "mine is great, want his number". Everyone wants to do an Eastern Motors commercial, right?

It was going to be hard to resign them both to their post rookie deals no matter who the agent was.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This^^^.

Rich powerful men have a tendency to think "I can whip my junk out and stick it in your hand/face/mouth and as long as you don't run screaming out of the room, its "consensual". We've all heard the brag about "when you're a star they let you do it". I think people are finally starting to wake up to the fact that this isn't OK, but still too many of these victims are terrified to come forward, so it tends to happen in the security of a group like this.

This sounds like a pure serial predator, who thinks "they wanted this" in his mind when in their minds they are being terrorized and didn't want any of it.

He seems to be living out a pretty specific fantasy. I wouldn't be surprised if there were consensual encounters mixed in with the "accidents" that ended in apologies. And the former were probably enough for him to risk the latter.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

I don't mean from the accusers. I mean in general. Freakier things have happened.

These 22 women are likely the tip of the iceberg with this guy, and he probably got "lucky" somewhere along the way and justified the other stuff because of it.

Or he's just a total shit. Either way. f*** him.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I don't mean from the accusers. I mean in general. Freakier things have happened.

These 22 women are likely the tip of the iceberg with this guy, and he probably got "lucky" somewhere along the way and justified the other stuff because of it.

Or he's just a total shit. Either way. f*** him.
Only my opinion, but I think assuming a guy like this deludes himself about the consent is naive. I'd bet gets off on the lack of consent so the willing partners are uninteresting. But maybe.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Only my opinion, but I think assuming a guy like this deludes himself about the consent is naive. I'd bet gets off on the lack of consent so the willing partners are uninteresting. But maybe.

Yeah that's why I said he might just be a shit. I'm not naive about how crappy and psychotic people can be, believe me.

Just everything about this guy that we've heard in the last year suggests he's a headcase with a big ego. That could result in the belief that everyone wants to be with him, or total disregard for how others feel. Either way, the road signs are spelling out "asshole".

Reactions: Calicaps

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

that’s one of many possibilities.......so you’re proclaiming full on monster before any criminal charges are even filed? If so, I sure hope they have some real evidence to prosecute if you’re right.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
that’s one of many possibilities.......so you’re proclaiming full on monster before any criminal charges are even filed? If so, I sure hope they have some real evidence to prosecute if you’re right.
Full-on monster as opposed to what? Just a mild predator with 22 victims or more? All I'm saying is I don't think it makes much sense to assume a guy "accidentally" misread cues 20+ times. Strikes me as more likely that he knew exactly what was going on.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Full-on monster as opposed to what? Just a mild predator with 22 victims or more? All I'm saying is I don't think it makes much sense to assume a guy "accidentally" misread cues 20+ times. Strikes me as more likely that he knew exactly what was going on.

meaning you have him fully convicted, it’s clear to you he’s guilty today.

you seem convinced by the ambulance chaser that’s for sure. No chance of a money grab, no chance this was his regular thing and many others happily accepted his $? Crazier things have been attempted. Why the attempt to settle before and only going public after Watson said no?

I’ll be surprised if this is as cut and dry as you’re making it out.

Last edited:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
meaning you have him fully convicted, it’s clear to you he’s guilty today.

you seem convinced by the ambulance chaser that’s for sure. No chance of a money grab, no chance this was his regular thing and many others happily accepted his $? Crazier things have been attempted. Why the attempt to settle before and only going public after Watson said no?

I’ll be surprised if this is as cut and dry as you’re making it out.
First off, no. I said "guys like that." In response to g00n's description. This dude, he's entitled to his day in court.

Second, it's not about the lawyer; I am though inclined to believe the women.

Third, just because a prosecutor can't or won't make case beyond a reasonable doubt doesn't necessarily mean someone isn't a monster, especially when we're talking about sexual assault.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I see, we’re building the he’s guilty but there’s no proof or they can’t make a criminal case angle...burden of proof too tough to overcome. I guess the good thing is that for civil cases, the burden isn’t as high. So if he’s guilty they can get $ easier....then again if not, they can still get $ easier....then again....if his contract gets terminated, I wonder if anyone gets paid....

I just read about a guy who spent 45 years in prison, wrongfully convicted. I’ll wait for due process to work through it...

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

First, to be clear, nothing excuses what he's accused of and I'm not going to mansplain a woman's perspective on sexual assault. It's a very sensitive subject. I'm just trying to get into the head of another guy who has no obvious reason to be doing this. I flagged him here for a problem personality 3 months ago when the "why didn't they consult me when hiring a GM" kerfuffle erupted. This could fit a pattern.

I don't think he "accidentally misread cues" at all. I'm saying he probably has a specific fantasy and he's tried to initiate it many, many times, sometimes possibly mutually and other times he's had to bribe/soothe the victims. There's a chance he was being fed sources that suited his fantasy and he got adventurous and went too far. None of that is an excuse for his behavior, or puts blame on anyone else.

There's a .00001% chance of a conspiracy of 2 dozen people all telling the exact same story.

He's clearly been doing this on purpose. A lot.

I'm just trying to figure out the psychology behind it.

Reactions: Calicaps

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I read there have been like 130 of these “encounters” over the past 5 years that didn’t end in a complaint. Or some number like that. Allegedly. So in all, it seems Watson has done this for almost every other week (little bit more) for 5 years running. So like 150+ encounters.

he’s an expert as well, obviously.

I wouldn’t be shocked if some of these got video taped, somewhere. Wait for that to come out.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I see, we’re building the he’s guilty but there’s no proof or they can’t make a criminal case angle...burden of proof too tough to overcome. I guess the good thing is that for civil cases, the burden isn’t as high. So if he’s guilty they can get $ easier....then again if not, they can still get $ easier....then again....if his contract gets terminated, I wonder if anyone gets paid....

I just read about a guy who spent 45 years in prison, wrongfully convicted. I’ll wait for due process to work through it...
What's your issue? Of course innocent people are too often wrongly convicted and it's a travesty. And guilty people go free a lot too. The stats on sexual assault are overwhelming: most cases are never prosecuted. Are all of those accused perpetrators innocent? Probably not. Are they all guilty? Almost certainly not. Are most accusers lying? No. Will most victims get justice? Absolutely not. These are facts. I'm not "building" anything, and as I said,he's entitled to his day in court. But if that day never comes it won't mean he's innocent either.

I'm also pretty sure OJ was guilty.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
What's your issue? Of course innocent people are too often wrongly convicted and it's a travesty. And guilty people go free a lot too. The stats on sexual assault are overwhelming: most cases are never prosecuted. Are all of those accused perpetrators innocent? Probably not. Are they all guilty? Almost certainly not. Are most accusers lying? No. Will most victims get justice? Absolutely not. These are facts. I'm not "building" anything, and as I said,he's entitled to his day in court. But if that day never comes it won't mean he's innocent either.

I'm also pretty sure OJ was guilty.

my “issue” is your presumption of guilt. You’ve already convicted him, but whatever. Let it play out is all I’m saying.

when you have to invoke OJ, things have clearly gone off the rails lol.

Watson lawyer: 'Consensual' acts did take place

I think we’ll find out there were willing participants....maybe even many of them. As someone else pointed out, this seems to be his thing, this scenario.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
my “issue” is your presumption of guilt. You’ve already convicted him, but whatever. Let it play out is all I’m saying.

when you have to invoke OJ, things have clearly gone off the rails lol.

Watson lawyer: 'Consensual' acts did take place

I think we’ll find out there were willing participants....maybe even many of them. As someone else pointed out, this seems to be his thing, this scenario.
This is bullshit. I haven't "convicted" him of anything. I said I'm inclined to believe women who say they've been victimized. I guess you're not. Fine.

The OJ reference was only by way of example that not every guilty person is convicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->