OT: Washington Football Team: What's in a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Should have found a way to get Collins... Hoping David turns into a stud. Had three guys ahead of him on the board. Trade up for JOK tomorrow and the LB core is fixed. Jok Davis Holcomb... I'd buy it.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Reactions: ynotcaps

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I’m not a football expert I just watch YouTube videos of guys I read on Twitter we might draft, but I watched a bunch of videos on this dude in the last week. Sideline to sideline guy, super flexible at his position, tackling machine. Linebacker was our biggest need glad we addressed it. Tons of value on day 2 at OL and Safety even receiver

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Wouldn't mind a trade up (2nd +3rd) to move up to snag JOK or Moehrig. We need more speed and coverage in the back 7 and both those guy can deliver that. With the remaining 3rd they could land BPA but I would not be upset if they got a OL who could play G or T to develop.
Or Tevon Jenkins. He’d start right away I’d wager. Move Moses to LT

Reactions: kicksavedave

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
So I've seen multiple people say that Jamin Davis' best comp is Darius Leonard and if that's true... :nod:
Yeah. I think I was a little too harsh with my commentary yesterday. I still think we maybe could’ve moved back to mid 20’s and likely gotten him, but that’s nitpicking and perhaps they would’ve lost out. Which would’ve been worse. So I will be happy w the player and let the rest go. Still a LOT to happen and I’m going to send positive vibes out.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
BPA at this point. If it's software wide receiver (and there are lots of good ones left), then so be it. As long as they don't reach or overpay to move up, then I'm fine with whatever they do. Still want a quarterback, but I doubt that happens until next year. And no, a 37 year old in Green Bay isn't the answer either.

Reactions: kicksavedave

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Yeah. I think I was a little too harsh with my commentary yesterday. I still think we maybe could’ve moved back to mid 20’s and likely gotten him, but that’s nitpicking and perhaps they would’ve lost out. Which would’ve been worse. So I will be happy w the player and let the rest go. Still a LOT to happen and I’m going to send positive vibes out.
I called the pick underwhelming initially so you're not alone in that department. Picking a guy with limited film based on measurables and explosiveness has been a good way to waste a pick historically which was the issue for me. That said, if we should trust anyone on this it's Ron and JDR. There should be no better combination in the NFL to grade a Linebacker than those two. And LB is a huge need... so big in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted another one in this draft (Pete Werner sticks out as someone they'd like). They clearly are trying to get faster and more physical which is a good thing.

Lots of talent left at OT, WR, and S. I would prefer they don't reach for a QB in the second just to say they addressed the QB position. Get more talent in that locker room regardless of position. Freiermuth would be a nice get as well. I'd love to see them get Jevon Holland tonight.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
It’s a goood board left. Looking at the ESPN rankings alone (they are hardly the be all/end all, but as an example) they are looking at LB Cox, WR Marshall & Moore, S Grant & Cisco, TE Long, C Dickerson, etc etc. just a ton left, and that’s only at 51. 72 & 84 will also get great value. Could get a few more starters if they play it correctly.

Reactions: ynotcaps and max21

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Skins reach for Need
Caps lose in OT

awesome night all around

skins reached by like 5 spots

caps got a point in a last second wilson goal to tie it in a game they probably should have gotten 0 and clinched a playoff spot

^^^ if this is a horrible sports day, we living good in the DMV sports world

————

We’ve been linked to Purdue receiver rondale Moore and I think used a visit on him

of course no one saw Davis being our pick so who knows

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
skins reached by like 5 spots

caps got a point in a last second wilson goal to tie it in a game they probably should have gotten 0 and clinched a playoff spot

^^^ if this is a horrible sports day, we living good in the DMV sports world

————

We’ve been linked to Purdue receiver rondale Moore and I think used a visit on him

of course no one saw Davis being our pick so who knows

I'd be so f***ing hype if we drafted Rondale Moore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad