OT: Washington Football Team-Free Agency Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yeah... I'm not seeing how Snyder got "hurt" here. Pretty sure he's happy to own the whole team (might even have wanted that earlier). Hard to see how he's learning a "lesson" at this point.

He's having to leverage his assets heavily to buy them out. It was reported he didn't have the liquid funds. So this is a hostile transaction, which means there is some other kind of force behind it.

My scenario is at least as likely as 40% owners in the WFT trying to change the name for shits and giggles before giving Snyder what he already wanted.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The recourse now is the same its always been, stop giving money to the team until Snyder sells. But instead of having that burden be shared, Snyder will be on the hook for its entirety. Granted, there's no internal hope for him to sell the team to any of the minority investors, but maybe the financial pain will escalate quicker?

This is what I'm considering. Without the other partners interfering in sale terms, or making things more difficult with the investigations, Snyder can be more agile if need be.

He probably doesn't WANT to sell the team but if the NFL gets him over a barrel and demands he divest then the minority owners no longer hold sway, whereas before they could've probably ripped him a new one either with bad press or financial terms or both.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Snyder is happy to own it all, make no mistake. So he took out some loans...he’ll resell at least part of that at a profit I bet short term and if he doesn’t it’s still a great investment for when he eventually sells.

Reactions: Eirikrautha

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Interesting bit of news on the same day as Danny’s supposed victory. I say supposed because with both of these stories there is still hope, although only a glimmer, that Danny may be forced to sell. Other factors that also point to hope:

- no name still. New owner would like to pick a new name.
- ownership strife with the Chargers means there is now another team that maybe available for Bezos to buy. Would the NFL want Bezos and Kronke going head to head in LA? Wait, they probably would. Never mind.
- With the Watson news the NFL may not be able to get away with letting another owner walk with a slap on his wrist over sexual misconduct allegations.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Interesting bit of news on the same day as Danny’s supposed victory. I say supposed because with both of these stories there is still hope, although only a glimmer, that Danny may be forced to sell. Other factors that also point to hope:

- no name still. New owner would like to pick a new name.
- ownership strife with the Chargers means there is now another team that maybe available for Bezos to buy. Would the NFL want Bezos and Kronke going head to head in LA? Wait, they probably would. Never mind.
- With the Watson news the NFL may not be able to get away with letting another owner walk with a slap on his wrist over sexual misconduct allegations.

are these the same Docs that Trent was crapping on?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
are these the same Docs that Trent was crapping on?
I don’t believe so. I believe this is the lady that put Smiths leg in an air cast and operated on him. The doc Trent had an issue with was a guy. Also, his beef with the doctors was BS.

I missed the Shar Cancer Institute picture on the first tweet. So that’s a factor in their decision. Still, they are choosing to move on from the high profile gig of serving an NFL team.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I don’t believe so. I believe this is the lady that put Smiths leg in an air cast and operated on him. The doc Trent had an issue with was a guy. Also, his beef with the doctors was BS.

I missed the Shar Cancer Institute picture on the first tweet. So that’s a factor in their decision. Still, they are choosing to move on from the high profile gig of serving an NFL team.
Yeah, the long time trainer who Trent seemingly had a beef with was dismissed at and around the same time Bruce got shitcanned.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, the long time trainer who Trent seemingly had a beef with was dismissed at and around the same time Bruce got shitcanned.

i thought it was was more than one guy.....the Doc also downplayed it from what I recall in his quotes. That very much felt like he was crapping on the entire medical/training staff, but whatever...

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I don’t understand at all, why did he turn down the deal? Didn’t he want a long contract? Wtf

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
"Highest paid guard" might mean TCV which could have a crappy ACV, at least compared to his expectations.

Or maybe he just wants to leave and felt a deal that big would make a trade unlikely, and would prefer testing the market in a year.

Earl Thomas might want to call this guy.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004

Even if they offered like $1 more than Thuney at $16M a year - and I assume they offered him something beating the previous highest paid guard at $14.1M - he’s getting over $18M this year and can be a UFA with an expanding cap next year. Either way they’re negotiating off guard salaries and not the franchise tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->