OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Training Camp and Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
yes, disrespect. elaborate headdresses are sacred regalia for the leaders of certain tribal peoples. and those people have for decades said that the use of that regalia for something as trivial as a football team is disrespectful. now maybe you don’t care about that, but those are in fact sacred symbols.

Woe to Spirit Halloween.

Woe to Charlie Hebdo.

Enjoy the humorless, artless dystopia you want to live in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eirikrautha

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Humans adapt though. It's probably our greatest asset. We're the most adaptable beings on the planet. The ability to get accustomed to the changing environment. Just because one thing is cherished doesn't mean that it's unreplaceable and we can't find something else to love.

Even our most cherished traditions were replacements for something before at one time.

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
Woe to Spirit Halloween.

Woe to Charlie Hebdo.

There’s humor and then there’s humor disguised as an attack at others people religious ways/customs. Don’t be fooled by the latter.

What do you find humorous about Charlie Hebdo’s racist/islamophobic cartoons? Or a random white dude wearing a headdress that trivializes other people’s culture/way of life?

Last edited:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Not if you do it right.
View attachment 459438

That’s why I put this on Danny. Coolie has talked about this in the past, every time they would reach out to engage Native American tribes it turned out to be more of a publicity stunt and not genuine. It could have been a partnership if we didn’t have a tool as an owner.
Those are actual tribal people representing themselves. It's precisely the opposite of a bunch of dudes dressing up as them. But also, just maybe, what's changed isn't that people suddenly became offended by something but that the rest of finally became decent enough to care.

Woe to Spirit Halloween.

Woe to Charlie Hebdo.

My world is full of humor, joy, sport, and art without needing to disrespect people. Be more creative.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I love how wearing headdresses and face paint are banned but the wearing the old name and/or logo, which were so bad they had to be removed, is perfectly fine.

This makes as much sense as being forced to wear a mask while walking to your table in a restaurant and then being able to take it right off.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I love how wearing headdresses and face paint are banned but the wearing the old name and/or logo, which were so bad they had to be removed, is perfectly fine.

This makes as much sense as being forced to wear a mask while walking to your table in a restaurant and then being able to take it right off.
Personally I think that they should ban the old gear and that you should have to wear your mask at all times except when actually putting something in your mouth.

Reactions: g00n

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Personally I think that they should ban the old gear and that you should have to wear your mask at all times except when actually putting something in your mouth.

Thank you. Whether I agree with you or not I applaud your consistency. I honestly think that is what people really want. Just be consistent…

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
upload_2021-8-5_16-57-6.jpeg

Reactions: Calicaps and g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I’m surprised they’re still top 5, it’ll go up if they nail the rebranding

They'll botch it. Snyder will pick "Worlocks" or something and the helmets will have a floppy wizard hat. Then he'll blame everyone else.

Are we at the point where we just consider it a true assumption that he suddenly decided to change the name in exchange for that sham investigation and slap on the wrist?

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
They'll botch it. Snyder will pick "Worlocks" or something and the helmets will have a floppy wizard hat. Then he'll blame everyone else.

Are we at the point where we just consider it a true assumption that he suddenly decided to change the name in exchange for that sham investigation and slap on the wrist?
I’m not sure what you mean, only reason the name went is because of everything in wake of George Floyd. I doubt they change the name for just those sexual allegations

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I’m not sure what you mean, only reason the name went is because of everything in wake of George Floyd. I doubt they change the name for just those sexual allegations

Floyd and BLM and corporate sponsor pressure were external stories, but the harassment investigation and interviews were going on behind the scenes for some time before that.

The corporate pressure came about on July 1, 2020 after a month of BLM protests. In less than 2 weeks Snyder caved and announced the name would be changed. Three days later the WaPo story was published. Then just a week after that they unveiled new uniforms.

From the initial request to new uniforms and name in 3 weeks? There is no way all that shit happened organically, that fast.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Floyd and BLM and corporate sponsor pressure were external stories, but the harassment investigation and interviews were going on behind the scenes for some time before that.

The corporate pressure came about on July 1, 2020 after a month of BLM protests. In less than 2 weeks Snyder caved and announced the name would be changed. Three days later the WaPo story was published. Then just a week after that they unveiled new uniforms.

From the initial request to new uniforms and name in 3 weeks? There is no way all that shit happened organically, that fast.
It changed after the main sponsors and stakeholders said to change it or they were pulling, I personally don’t think it gets changed if it wasn’t for everything going on last summer with all the protests. But you could be right I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad