OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Training Camp and Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
as long as you can’t harm others…..sure.
What does that mean? Someone who has had to much to drink can harm others if they choose to drive, it happens literally every hour. You want to start having the government regulate how much booze people can consume at a time? That’s been tried before.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
What does that mean? Someone who has had to much to drink can harm others if they choose to drive, it happens literally every hour. You want to start having the government regulate how much booze people can consume at a time? That’s been tried before.

There is a clear distinction between the poor (and usually) under the influence choice of drinking and driving and those repercussions and the choice to willfully and coherently remain eligible to become an unprotected carrier of a deadly global virus, that just doesn’t need to be clarified more for me.

Back to only football talk in relation to the virus for me Hog, thanks.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
We can literally go back and forth all day on this topic. It’s real simple for me, I like the freedom to choose. I chose to get the shot even though I had COVID. My wife did the same. A person I work with has not, and he sites it being emergency use as a reason. Same with my friend the ER nurse. That’s their choice and because I am vaccinated I don’t care because their choice doesn’t impact me a whole lot.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are a clear and present danger to the people who consume them. Same could be said for fast food but people eat it anyway. In this country we have the freedoms to put what we want in our bodies.

We have laws about what you can do with regard to drugs or alcohol when they affect other people, you can't drive a car and drink but you can get sloshed in the privacy of your own home. Unsure at all how eating fast food is a danger to "others".

You do not have the freedom to smoke on an airplane, or yell fire in a crowded movie theatre, or drive drunk. Somehow we have all come to agreement on laws that protect the public health and safety... and we've all come together to take vaccines that stop things like polio. But for almost entirely political reasons, we can't come together to end a pandemic that has upended so many lives, on both sides of the isle.

When your politics impacts my safety, then no I will not mind my own business, because it IS my business.

Reactions: g00n and Hivemind

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
We can literally go back and forth all day on this topic. It’s real simple for me, I like the freedom to choose. I chose to get the shot even though I had COVID. My wife did the same. A person I work with has not, and he sites it being emergency use as a reason. Same with my friend the ER nurse. That’s their choice and because I am vaccinated I don’t care because their choice doesn’t impact me a whole lot.

This is where you lost me. The choice to not get vaccinated will prolong the pandemic and provide the virus more chances to mutate into something more virulent, more deadly, less treatable. This is universally agreed upon by the legitimate medical community. So yes, it does effect other people.

Reactions: Hivemind

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
This is where you lost me. The choice to not get vaccinated will prolong the pandemic and provide the virus more chances to mutate into something more virulent, more deadly, less treatable. This is universally agreed upon by the legitimate medical community. So yes, it does effect other people.
I love this, “legitimate medical community”.

You think it’s possible for every human on this planet to get vaccinated? Serious question.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
We have laws about what you can do with regard to drugs or alcohol when they affect other people, you can't drive a car and drink but you can get sloshed in the privacy of your own home. Unsure at all how eating fast food is a danger to "others".

You do not have the freedom to smoke on an airplane, or yell fire in a crowded movie theatre, or drive drunk. Somehow we have all come to agreement on laws that protect the public health and safety... and we've all come together to take vaccines that stop things like polio. But for almost entirely political reasons, we can't come together to end a pandemic that has upended so many lives, on both sides of the isle.

When your politics impacts my safety, then no I will not mind my own business, because it IS my business.
And here we go. What are my politics?

There are laws against drunk driving but people do it anyway, and innocent bystanders die. Same with speeding. People who break the speed limit kill innocent people all the time. Are you telling me you strictly adhere to the speed limit? I doubt it.

See Cap, the COVID nutters are coming.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
So you are in the “hold them down” if they won’t get the shot voluntarily crowd? Scary how that crowd seems to be getting bigger by the day. Next thing will be camps for the unvaccinated. The federal government knows how to set up those type of camps up quickly. Can’t wait.

It’s his choice…..it can never not be in our country. His particular choice comes with large ramifications and attention. The Bills and the NFL aren’t going to deal with a distraction or worse a disruption of business for long.

Although….just for fun, if this was a zombie outbreak and the only option was vaccinate or be vulnerable to becoming a zombie, mandatory might make sense right? So where is that line drawn? We’re at 4mil+ deaths….at 14, 24, 40 mil? Not asking you….just thinking out loud.

A society can mandate things in various ways short of "holding them down," though with this anti-vax crowd, don't tempt me. There have long been requirements for vaccines to attend schools, and we might just as easily require them to work in office buildings, play a pro sport, travel by plane or train, or eat in a restaurant. These things can and should be legislated as a matter of public health. People can then still choose not to participate, but good luck with that. And for the record, the US led the world in the campaign to eradicate small pox and here at home defeated polio by mandating that people get new vaccines, saving literally billions of lives around the globe. This isn't uncharted territory.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I love this, “legitimate medical community”.

You think it’s possible for every human on this planet to get vaccinated? Serious question.

Find me one accredited or government organization that doesn't support all eligible American's (or those in other countries) get vaccinated as the best chance to end the pandemic.

What is possible in 3rd world countries and what is possible in America are two different things, but without any political resistance we essentially eliminated Polio worldwide, via a vaccine. Its only political resistance to the Covid shot that is stopping us from sufficient adoption to achieve herd immunity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Calicaps and g00n

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
And here we go. What are my politics?

There are laws against drunk driving but people do it anyway, and innocent bystanders die. Same with speeding. People who break the speed limit kill innocent people all the time. Are you telling me you strictly adhere to the speed limit? I doubt it.

See Cap, the COVID nutters are coming.

Sorry, when I typed "your" I should have been more specific, I was referring to those who are using politics to avoid getting the vax, not you specifically.

And there is no such thing as "covid nutters". The side that supports everyone being vaccinated is using actual verifiable science, medical data, vaccine history, logical consistency, and showing concern for the greater public health, not to mention the fastest way to end the pandemic which helps business interests both large and small. On the Anti Vax side, there is bad science (false claims, such as tracking chips and "vax causes autism"), ignoring medical history (vaccines do work), being logically inconsistent - how many people who got a polio vaccine or an annual flu shot, are now refusing a Covid vaccine because of politics, and showing zero concern for public health, only those things that directly impact themselves - how selfish!

Here's the fact: It should be a free choice, and everyone should think rationally and make the choice which protects public health. And since we still have some freedom of speech, those who refuse to do the right thing should anticipate and accept the pushback. There is only one nutter side here, the ones that are using politics to make some nebulous point about freedom, at the expense of public health. Again, entirely selfish. And it will kill other innocent people because of their lack of concern for anyone but themselves.

People have a right to be stupid as long as it doesn't endanger others. This applies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
How about this, get vaccinated or don’t but when it comes to other people mind your own ****ing business?
I have stayed out of this discussion but I have to comment that it's sadly ironic you keep ranting about the freedom of choice when the no-shot crew is taking away choices for the rest of us. The rest of us can't send kids to school, go back to the office or school full-time, travel, etc because some people make choices that adversely affect the rest of us. It is my "f***ing business" what people choose to do if it affects the health, wellbeing, livelihood, and in general the lives of myself and my family.

Come on man, I know you are trying to argue a point but you post too many smart and well thought out arguments to actually believe this strawman you just wrote. We do in fact have laws regulating how much people can consume in public -- violating them is called "drunk and disorderly" or "public intoxication." You can drink as much as you want in your own home because you're not a danger to others if you're alone but the second you join society there are rules in place to ensure others aren't f***ed by your stupidity. There are laws against how much people can consume before driving. The literal point of those rules is to give you leeway and freedom in the privacy of your own home and protect others from your choices should you go out and join society.

Let's see if we can agree on something here: get vaxxed and join society or don't and don't. If you don't want the vax because of personal reasons or can't get it due medical reasons then you are required to wear a mask every time you leave your house or your own personal vehicle and social distance at all times; if social distancing isn't possible you can't be in the area. Not doing so would be against the law and violators would be subject to prosecution with penalties ranging from fines to jail time. No difference than other laws of similar nature. Then people can make their own choice about the vax and the dangers to the general public would be mitigated with an enforcing mechanism if the rules are broken.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Don’t worry, the COVID police will save us from ourselves.

Gee, I wonder how they will verify vaccine status. That post card like vaccine card? Or maybe arm bands with a scarlet V on it?

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Don’t worry, the COVID police will save us from ourselves.

Gee, I wonder how they will verify vaccine status. That post card like vaccine card? Or maybe arm bands with a scarlet V on it?

There are a lot of ways to show vax status, from various apps which connect to state health boards, to showing the card you got when you got the shot.

If you're suggesting its not immune to fraud, first off fraud is illegal already, but then the solution of a regulated process to make a standard for how vaccine status is shared (vax passport) got met with, you guessed it, political resistance.

How about the honor system? I'm sure no one who stands up for the freedom to not get vaxed would EVER lie about their status just to get into a nice restaurant, right?

Bay Area restaurants are joining together to require the vax, but are leaving it to individual restaurants as to how they enforce it. Its not a law, its a free choice by restaurant owners to protect their employees and customers. Free choice for the win!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So you are in the “hold them down” if they won’t get the shot voluntarily crowd? Scary how that crowd seems to be getting bigger by the day. Next thing will be camps for the unvaccinated. The federal government knows how to set up those type of camps up quickly. Can’t wait.

And he called me a nutter. Project much?

The same people who can't go a day without being outraged over some made up "culture war" atrocity are complaining we should "mind our own business" when dealing with a pandemic that's killed millions and affects us all.

So selfish and stupid.

You want to talk about "freedom to choose" then apply the standard equally. If businesses can deny service based on religious beliefs, which they choose, then why can't businesses deny service to someone who chooses to not take as safe and effective vaccine, or wear a mask?

Oh right. Selfish stupidity.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
And he called me a nutter. Project much?

The same people who can't go a day without being outraged over some made up "culture war" atrocity are complaining we should "mind our own business" when dealing with a pandemic that's killed millions and affects us all.

So selfish and stupid.

You want to talk about "freedom to choose" then apply the standard equally. If businesses can deny service based on religious beliefs, which they choose, then why can't businesses deny service to someone who chooses to not take as safe and effective vaccine, or wear a mask?

Oh right. Selfish stupidity.

Business require shoes and shirt to provide service and it doesn't cause a national outrage. But when business require a mask for health reasons, it leads to political revolt. And as you point out, some business have sued and won the right to discriminate against customers who are gay, but feel persecuted and have their so called rights violated when being asked to wear a mask.

Where is the logical consistency in this movement? Answer: None, its politically driven pure and simple. And unlike hurting some people's feelings, this movement will actually lead to more deaths.

Reactions: Hivemind and g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Business require shoes and shirt to provide service and it doesn't cause a national outrage. But when business require a mask for health reasons, it leads to political revolt. And as you point out, some business have sued and won the right to discriminate against customers who are gay, but feel persecuted and have their so called rights violated when being asked to wear a mask.

Where is the logical consistency in this movement? Answer: None, its politically driven pure and simple. And unlike hurting some people's feelings, this movement will actually lead to more deaths.

The real trick has been in convincing people it's not political. Or that they're just following some inexplicably suppressed alternate thread of science.

It's the same exact shit we saw with global warming and the FUD created by the petroleum industry. Or the medical information suppressed by tobacco companies. Or the "crisis actor" people who think every mass shooting is a hoax. And so forth.

The explanations for these theories defy logic while the people pushing them have obvious skin in the game.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Could we talk about the Skins/WFT? This threads trash already.

Jason Wright is amazing. I don't think I could be any happier with the work he's doing to help restore our "damn good" culture. From hanging out with fans to making fun of himself on Twitter. He genuinely cares and wants to help the organization change. Don't know the last time I can say I felt that from anyone sitting that high up in the organization.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Reactions: Calicaps

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA

Terrible example. You can take a horse to water, but can't force them to drink. You have zero logic or reasoning here. Just drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad