OT: Washington Football Team 2021 Offseason Thread 1: New Year, New GM, New Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Interesting that Heiny got resigned before Allen.
Heinicke is a Restricted Free Agent and Allen is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent. RFAs have a window of only about a month before other teams can sign them while ERFAs can only sign with their team unless that team relinquishes their rights or doesn't offer them a minimum salary tender. No rush on Allen, he'll be back if Washington wants him.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Heinicke is a Restricted Free Agent and Allen is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent. RFAs have a window of only about a month before other teams can sign them while ERFAs can only sign with their team unless that team relinquishes their rights or doesn't offer them a minimum salary tender. No rush on Allen, he'll be back if Washington wants him.

I wish we had more time to see Allen before he got hurt to see what he has. As of right now, I'm more leaning into just letting him go since Heinicke is signed.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I forgot Allen is exclusive rights. Signing Heiny now don’t mean shit.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
is that 8.75 per season or over 2 years

Sportrac has it at 2 years $8.75 total, for $4.375 a year

Current Contract
Taylor Heinicke signed a 2 year, $8,750,000 contract with the Washington Football Team, including an average annual salary of $4,375,000. In 2021, Heinicke will earn, while carrying a cap hit of .
CONTRACT TERMS:2 yr(s) / $8,750,000SIGNING BONUS-AVERAGE SALARY$4,375,000GTD AT SIGN:-TOTAL GTD:-FREE AGENT:2023 / UFA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
So tenure doesn’t matter? That’s total bunk. In any business. Tenure = loyalty.

So accomplishments don’t matter? That’s also total bunk. Accomplishments = power.

loyalty + power = voice. In any field of business.

you can try and squirt away from that by calling me a dinosaur, but that’s bunk as well. It’s very much alive and well in today’s business world. It just is.

I will use my own industry. Mortgage sales. Older seasoned sales rep who has been with the company for a decade and helped it reach its best ever heights in profits, pretty much on an annualized basis, vs newer rep who has done well personally to some high degree, but the company has been up and down.

who should get listened to, when discussing future direction, more clearly? I know what the answer is, but I’m sure you will have an alternative view.

it’s next about respect. It’s about voice and *knowing* that the person is more concerned about the company than himself. Tenure and company accomplishments gain that, regardless of person.

I will move on (and slowly, since I’m an old dinosaur)

why do you dislike Watson so much? Lol...

This is the NFL...not some regular business with an old school mentality in that regard. It’s a players league and they want to be heard and involved. I know that’s puts many off who think like you, but it’s a new world.

Watson has earned his stripes as a top QB IMO (at least enough that he deserves to be respected when he’s told one thing by ownership and then they do another).

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I wish we had more time to see Allen before he got hurt to see what he has. As of right now, I'm more leaning into just letting him go since Heinicke is signed.
Allen's cost will be minimal and he has all the right physical tools to succeed as a backup/spot-starter plus familiarity with the system... easy yes to bringing him back. Depth at the most important position in sports is never a bad thing.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Allen's cost will be minimal and he has all the right physical tools to succeed as a backup/spot-starter plus familiarity with the system... easy yes to bringing him back. Depth at the most important position in sports is never a bad thing.

Oh I know. I was just thinking if we sign/trade for a vet, that's 2 spots. Draft a project that's 3 QB spots filled already.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Bold prediction: WFT QB depth chart next season opener will be ASmith, Heineken, Allen.

If we were to draft say Mac Jones, I think it spells the end for Allen, not for Smith, in 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad