OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Draft and Post-Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
The Miami Dolphins won the draft. There is just no argument. A massive haul, at every stage.

The LA Chargers did great too, but, like Jacksonville, is that a team anyone cares about?

The Bears had the best "gambling" draft, getting the #2 QB Justin Fields with a really aggressive move.

Of the contenders, the Browns had the best draft. Thanks to the draft, they have now moved into the class of the AFC,

along with KC and Buffalo.

Reactions: max21

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The Miami Dolphins won the draft. There is just no argument. A massive haul, at every stage.

The LA Chargers did great too, but, like Jacksonville, is that a team anyone cares about?

The Bears had the best "gambling" draft, getting the #2 QB Justin Fields with a really aggressive move.

Of the contenders, the Browns had the best draft. Thanks to the draft, they have now moved into the class of the AFC,

along with KC and Buffalo.
I didn’t like their DE they took ... the Dolphins. Personal preference is all.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Draft grades now are just grades on potential. 2-3 years of actual play on the field will determine how good this years draft per team was.

Reactions: Ajax1995

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
ok prediction time……how many of these guys make the team and have an impact this year?

3, 4, 5?
Davis, immediate starter. Cosmi will probably compete with Lucas and Charles. I think the St-Juste pick will let Fuller play more slot and Moreland will get less playing time, good chance he and Jackson are our starting outside corners. Brown, Samuel, Mclaurin is a good WR group. Sims and Harmon compete for the jump ball-50/50 guy. But we also have Humphries, so yeah that’s a lot of WR lol. Bates our new blocking TE, Forrest mainly contributes on special teams. Everyone else except Cheesman is depth/practice squad. So I say 5, depending on if Cosmi wins the job.Sorry for the long boring read ha

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Two guarantees - Davis is the starting ILB and Cheeseman will be the starting LS. Everyone else is going to have to compete. Now, in terms of Cosmi and Brown, I'm certain that they'll have no troubles earning playing time. Forrest will get playing time depending what happens with Collins and Bates is probably going to play on running downs as a blocker. Everyone else will probably end up on the practice roster.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Two guarantees - Davis is the starting ILB and Cheeseman will be the starting LS. Everyone else is going to have to compete. Now, in terms of Cosmi and Brown, I'm certain that they'll have no troubles earning playing time. Forrest will get playing time depending what happens with Collins and Bates is probably going to play on running downs as a blocker. Everyone else will probably end up on the practice roster.
I think Davis, Brown, Bates and St-Juste are all guarantees

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
You don’t think Cosmi will?
I think he will yes, just think he has a bit more competition than the other players I listed. What is your opinion on how the line will be? Christian, Schweitzer, Roullier, Scherff, Moses. We actually have some decent depth at OL

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I think he will yes, just think he has a bit more competition than the other players I listed. What is your opinion on how the line will be? Christian, Schweitzer, Roullier, Scherff, Moses. We actually have some decent depth at OL
I don’t think Christian plays. Either Lucas or Cosmi.

I also think Flowers starts at LG. Center and right side are same as last year, IMO

that said —

Moses, Flowers, Roullier, Scherff, Cosmi may be their best line. Moses can play LT.

backups are Lucas, Schweitzer, Ismael, Christian.....and missing a G

Reactions: max21

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I don’t think Christian plays. Either Lucas or Cosmi.

I also think Flowers starts at LG. Center and right side are same as last year, IMO

that said —

Moses, Flowers, Roullier, Scherff, Cosmi may be their best line. Moses can play LT.

backups are Lucas, Schweitzer, Ismael, Christian.....and missing a G
I dig it, I feel good about the line. Kinda wonder how Cosmi would be at LT, but the knock on him is his short arms. I wonder what happens with Charles?

Team SWOLEvechkin

Oct 4, 2019
Had a moment to thing on the draft overall, and I'm satisfied. I admittedly didn't watch a ton of college ball this year, but it was clear the team needed work at LB, the left side of our OL, and depth in the secondary (S and CB and coverage LB). It seemed to be a well-rounded draft, but perhaps more importantly we didn't sell the farm to move up for the fourth or sixth best QB this year. Trust Fitzmagic to chuck the ball downfield, and if our line gives him enough time, might result in some fun viewing. Moving down would have been fine, but unless we hear about specific deals that were turned down, its speculation that we could have done so.

We're certainly a deeper team and a likely top-1o defense (at least), and despite the schedule I expect the Team from Washington that plays Football will be competing for the division next year. 8-9 wins sounds like a reasonable ceiling.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Who in their right mind would want RG3 mentoring a young QB?

Yeah once again lacking any sense of self awareness whatsoever. Still dissing NFL Starting QBs while he's out of work, incredible. And no, Bob, Kyle watched you undermine his dad right out of town, there's no chance in hell he will throw you a lifeline here.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
BTW, I know watching highlights of recently drafted players is fools gold, but there are some Samuel Cosmi plays that make you think "Wow, this guy has the right attitude to be great".

Plus the one I posted above where he literally punches the DL in the head and knocks him to the ground.

Tough, mean, good hands. If he can get the footwork right, he can be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad