OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Draft and Post-Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe. John Rahm tested positive twice, just 2 months apart, iirc. Kuzy got it 4 months apart.

It's looking like Delta is virulent enough to break through the vaccine if given enough exposure. The vaccine offers some protection and keeps you from dying but if you're going to restaurants full of unvaccinated people breathing rona balls all over the place it might not hold up.

Scherff was masking earlier this week so he likely hasn't gotten the shot.

Rivera warns WFT after more added to COVID list

confirmed….another genius.

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

upload_2021-7-31_19-45-23.png

How f***ing shitty would it be for Rivera to beat cancer and then die from COVID because of a "personal decision" by some meathead?

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
You just can’t fix stupid I suppose. Off topic but I work with a dude that’s not vaccinating his newborn. I’m talking normal stuff Polio, Hepatitis, meningitis etc. Him and his wife are smarter than DECADES of science though, ok I’m done
Vaccines have worked so well that people don’t know much about the alternatives. Has he seen photos of an iron lung ward?

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Vaccines have worked so well that people don’t know much about the alternatives. Has he seen photos of an iron lung ward?
Probably not, people are idiots. Not sure about vaccination rules for VA public schools but pretty sure you have to provide those records and especially for daycare. You also have to get shots to attend college, it’s just a giant smh. Feel bad for the kid

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Well “the shot” has not yet been approved by the FDA. That may have something to do with it.

is that what these NFL “scientists” are waiting for, FDA approval? Considering the other “stuff” not FDA-approved they likely intake in their personal time….huge laugher if that’s the crutch they stand on.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
is that what these NFL “scientists” are waiting for, FDA approval? Considering the other “stuff” not FDA-approved they likely intake in their personal time….huge laugher if that’s the crutch they stand on.
I have no idea but it’s been mentioned in articles saying 25% of health care workers, including a good buddy of mine who is an ER nurse, won’t get it for that reason. So I figured that may be a reason since the majority of unvaccinated NFL players are black and being MAGA won’t work as an excuse.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t see why the medical profession would be exempt in having a small percentage of people who go against prevailing science, just like the rest of the population…..but hey, if a bureaucratic checkbox is their last crutch to stand on….it will fall eventually and they will cave or admit some other foolish excuse, such as they know better.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Regardless of their reasons, seems maybe some sense is finally being knocked into their heads:

Afterward, Rivera said Scherff and tackle David Sharpe had entered the NFL’s coronavirus protocols, bringing the team’s total on the covid-19 reserve list to six, the league’s second-highest total (behind Arizona). Rivera told players these losses would hurt the team if it were Week 1 and said several players asked him to schedule vaccination appointments for them Sunday.

Unsure why those players think Coach Rivera is their administrative assistant, but its a good sign at least that some guys are moving in the right direction.

As for FDA approval, thats a mythical nonsense talking point, The vaccine IS approved by the FDA, and 190 MILLION Americans have taken at least one dose. If people are really hanging their hat on the nebulous difference between Emergency Use approval and Full approval, I think they are likely just hiding behind other objections and using that to avoid being called out for being part of the problem. The ideas that these people are 100% trusting in the FDA only if and when it makes the status of their approval change from EU to Full, is lacking credibility.

Full approval is on the fast track anyway. Which in fact some people claim will help with vaccine adoption, while others claim will hurt because it looks political and not rooted in the normal process, which is why some folks claim they are holding out, because the approvals did not go through the "normal" process.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I don’t see why the medical profession would be exempt in having a small percentage of people who go against prevailing science, just like the rest of the population…..but hey, if a bureaucratic checkbox is their last crutch to stand on….it will fall eventually and they will cave or admit some other foolish excuse, such as they know better.
Come on Cap. It’s more than a bureaucratic check mark keeping the shots from getting FDA approval.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

People use things every day that are not "fully approved" by the FDA. And Emergency Use does not mean "unsafe".

upload_2021-8-1_12-1-20.png

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Come on Cap. It’s more than a bureaucratic check mark keeping the shots from getting FDA approval.

see Dave’s response. I don’t have more to add on that process. Sounds like excuse making for anyone pulling that card, but whatever.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
see Dave’s response. I don’t have more to add on that process. Sounds like excuse making for anyone pulling that card, but whatever.
I’ll defer to my friend who is a trained medical professional.

As a mid 40s out of shape male who has had COVID, I don’t get the hand wringing and public shaming that’s going on. We are talking about professional athletes in their 20s and 30s who are in better shape than 80% of the population. If they get it they will survive. If they cost themselves millions or their teams games that’s between them and their teammates. Nutters like g00n need to worry about themselves, they have their hands full with that. This nanny state bull shit needs to stop.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I’ll defer to my friend who is a trained medical professional.

As a mid 40s out of shape male who has had COVID, I don’t get the hand wringing and public shaming that’s going on. We are talking about professional athletes in their 20s and 30s who are in better shape than 80% of the population. If they get it they will survive. If they cost themselves millions or their teams games that’s between them and their teammates. Nutters like g00n need to worry about themselves, they have their hands full with that. This nanny state bull shit needs to stop.

Selfish and ignorant.

Keep taking potshots while you have me on ignore.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The same people who are concerned about long term effects of the vaccines don't seem to understand the chances of such a thing are less than the chances of negative consequences of covid itself.

Young Adults With COVID-19 May Have Long-Term Impacts on Blood Vessels, Heart Health

Aside from even that, this is a global pandemic. We have 613,000 deaths in this country alone. Many or most were unnecessary, if the proper precautions were taken.

"But I didn't die"

Good for you. It's not all about you.

So f*** any "nanny state" whining. Stop being such a baby and do your duty to society.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
The more idiots that get together and decline the vaccine the more it can mutate and potentially become more lethal. Just like all those shots you got as a newborn this isn’t any different, this virus has killed more than 4 million people. But since you’re young and in shape who cares about other people right

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The more idiots that get together and decline the vaccine the more it can mutate and potentially become more lethal. Just like all those shots you got as a newborn this isn’t any different, this virus has killed more than 4 million people. But since you’re young and in shape who cares about other people right
Well since we are currently dealing with the Delta variant that originated in India it appears it will be difficult to prevent variants from developing regardless of the vaccine status in the US.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well since we are currently dealing with the Delta variant that originated in India it appears it will be difficult to prevent variants from developing regardless of the vaccine status in the US.

The delta variant emerged in late 2020 before vaccines were out. Variants are more likely to develop if people are unvaccinated. That's all the more reason for everyone to get vaccinated here, AND to help the world get vaccinated. Not "do nothing and whine about nanny states", which seems to be your solution.

Stop being wrong all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad