OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 13: 5th String QB Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Well we are in tough next week, is it bad that I have a shed of hope going into a game against a 10-0 team.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Well we are in tough next week, is it bad that I have a shed of hope going into a game against a 10-0 team.
They almost lost to the Cowboys with Garrett Gilbert starting at QB, so there’s that.

Personally I think they’ll keep it close but the offense isn’t good enough to score points on Pittsburgh and our free safeties are Troy Apke and Jeremy Reaves so I don’t have a ton of confidence they’ll be able to slow down Diontae Johnson, Chase Claypool, or JuJu.

Reactions: robertmac43

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
MM should be begging for his job this morning.

Fwiw Alex Smith (2-1) is the only QB in the NFC lEeast with a winning record in 2020. AINEC

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
They almost lost to the Cowboys with Garrett Gilbert starting at QB, so there’s that.

Personally I think they’ll keep it close but the offense isn’t good enough to score points on Pittsburgh and our free safeties are Troy Apke and Jeremy Reaves so I don’t have a ton of confidence they’ll be able to slow down Diontae Johnson, Chase Claypool, or JuJu.

Stillers are a big fat L no question.

But I dare say a performance like yesterday might actually put the last 4 games in play, SF more than SEA. CAR and PHI are clearly winnable now, if CMC is out.

Maybe I'm caught up in the afterglow here. I don't know. I guess it depends on the compete level vs PIT. If they play well and lose a close one then they have some valuable momentum and confidence.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Stillers are a big fat L no question.

But I dare say a performance like yesterday might actually put the last 4 games in play, SF more than SEA. CAR and PHI are clearly winnable now, if CMC is out.

Maybe I'm caught up in the afterglow here. I don't know. I guess it depends on the compete level vs PIT. If they play well and lose a close one then they have some valuable momentum and confidence.
SF is definitely a winnable game considering all the injuries they have and Seattle has an atrocious defense so they’re vulnerable but Russ is playing at an MVP level and I think that’s a loss. Matt Rhule is a really good coach so I think they lose that game as well. Maybe 2-2 here to finish 5-11?

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
SF is definitely a winnable game considering all the injuries they have and Seattle has an atrocious defense so they’re vulnerable but Russ is playing at an MVP level and I think that’s a loss. Matt Rhule is a really good coach so I think they lose that game as well. Maybe 2-2 here to finish 5-11?

4-5 wins was always my take so I'd buy that. Could also easily lose out, who knows.

Never sure what Seattle team is going to show up each week.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
MM should be begging for his job this morning.

Fwiw Alex Smith (2-1) is the only QB in the NFC lEeast with a winning record in 2020. AINEC

Jones has way too much ego to fire him mid-season, hell he might just get a 2nd season.

Nolan on the other hand should never coach in the NFL again....

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
2-2 would be 6-10. They’ve already got 4 wins.

as crazy as it sounds, it looks like it’s the Giants division to lose, thanks to their 2-0 vs us.

I’m still angry about that 2pt conversion attempt. Win that game — just that ONE, and 5–6 with 4-1 in division = drivers seat. What a total f*** up that was.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

Honestly the Steelers aren't 16-0 good. Or even 15-1. They will likely lose a game or two in these last weeks and any given Sunday, so why not us?

But let's hope they beat the Ravens or at least don't play them this week if it gets postponed. Don't want to play them when they are angry.

Reactions: robertmac43

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
When I think of Sean Taylor I think of that GB game where he came out of nowhere and intercepted Favre twice. Unreal.

That was the best example of how special Taylor was. Could hit like a train but he had the speed and smarts to make plays all over the field. Generational talent taken to soon. RIP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->