OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 12: Tank Commanders Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Yeah this Dallas game was a real eye opener (and eye shut snoozer).

I thought we are a bad team, and we really are. But there is no way we are going to beat Dallas and teams like that. That was a whole another level of depravity.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Enjoy your 6-10 season.

Who needs a franchise QB?

We have Sweat and Young.

:facepalm:
I'm just commenting that this team is not bad enough to out suck the other teams. I'd prefer they lose out and draft in the top three again but it just ain't happening. Did you see Dallas today, or at all since Dak went down? Have you seen the Jets at all? Washington is 2-5 and they're still only the 9th worst team in the league with that record. Unfortunately there are a lot of teams that are complete and utter dogshit and we're just merely pretty shitty. We picked a bad year to be only mildly terrible instead of fully committing to the suck.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Damn. Knew we should've kept Gruden for one more season. Talk about a Tank Commander.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Game summary: Dallas is truly terrible and looked like they didn't want to be there. Andy Dalton had no time to do anything and the few plays he did have time, he either threw it behind his receivers or they dropped it. Zeke did nothing. Their defense put up as much resistance as a wet paper bag. I still think Scott Turner's offense stinks.

Highlight of the game: Dallas DB is jawing at Terry and takes a swing at him and the next play Terry leaves him with his pants around his ankles as he blew past him for a TD.

This team is going to beat the Cowboys again and the Giants, and maybe the Eagles, so I think any Tank for Trevor talk can officially stop. There are currently 8 (8!) teams behind Washington in the standings and I can't see WFT finishing any lower than 4th overall (NYJ, DAL, and NYG will be bottom three). Philly will probably be 4-4-1 in two weeks since their next two are against Dallas and New York.

Could Washington really win their next four to get to 6-5? They play vs New York, @ Detroit, vs Cinci, and @ Dallas. They'll probably go 2-2 to just screw the draft pick up enough but I think they're much closer to winning the NFCE this year than they are to a top 5 pick (fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at things). Philly seems like they should win the division going away if they get healthy again but who knows.

Drafting Lawrence is the path of death anyway. Chuck him into this dumpster fire and we'll turn him into another Wentz.

Draft the many things we need to create a stable situation for a QB and take someone later who can play behind any veteran for a bit to learn and develop. Also, let's not run through 3 offenses in a year. Also, let's hire a real GM. Also, let's get a new owner.

Reactions: Eirikrautha

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's got to be a tremendous culture shock to play for a college program run by a competent human being, only to go to a team like ours which is run by anthropomorphized sewage named "Dan." You go from playing with the best players in your craft managed by a top coach to this swamp consistently lacking in talent and sanity.

To help mitigate that shock maybe we should only draft players from other depraved hellholes, like Miami.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
On a lighter note, thoroughly enjoying welcoming a friend of mine who is a diehard Boston fan to the world of rooting for terrible football teams. He was bitching about it and I said, my favorite season as a Redskins fan ended with a home loss in the Wild Card round and our star rookie QB tearing his ACL and the second best season was when we rallied to make the playoffs after our star safety was murdered, so I really don't want to hear your shit about starting 2-4.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Reactions: Beef Invictus

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
I'm just commenting that this team is not bad enough to out suck the other teams. I'd prefer they lose out and draft in the top three again but it just ain't happening. Did you see Dallas today, or at all since Dak went down? Have you seen the Jets at all? Washington is 2-5 and they're still only the 9th worst team in the league with that record. Unfortunately there are a lot of teams that are complete and utter dogshit and we're just merely pretty shitty. We picked a bad year to be only mildly terrible instead of fully committing to the suck.

Even with Dak its hard to see Dallas really do that much better as the season goes on with that defense. They made this bad WFT offense look like a super power. Our WRs were wide open like 90% of the time. There were holes to run through everywhere. Kyle Allen actually had time and actually threw for 20 yard+ completions :laugh:

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

This team isn't good, but with some luck they can win 6-7 games and win the division, which means they are drafting around 20 or so. Its possible some 9 or 10 win teams draft before them in this scenario.

Doesn't matter, they will take a defensive end with their first pick.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
they will take a defensive end with their first pick.

hair-dryer-3.gif

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Lol for all the tank for Lawrence people: what happens if skins draft Lawrence and he doesn't pan out? Like pretty much all of Washington quarterbacks don't.

Oh its then lets tank for the next another qb and start the cycle again. You can't win if you are having to draft a qb every year in the first round

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
This team isn't good, but with some luck they can win 6-7 games and win the division, which means they are drafting around 20 or so. Its possible some 9 or 10 win teams draft before them in this scenario.

Doesn't matter, they will take a defensive end with their first pick.

Fun thing happens when you make playoffs: free agents want to come to your team. They see potential.

What free agents are gonna want to come to a team that is drafting another quarterback? Shows that team is years away from competing.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
If this is the beginning of a true culture change, that's worth way more than Trevor Lawrence.

It seems like all the questions and concerns about Ron that we as fans and those in the media had are nothing more than that. All the players have professed their respect for Ron and his ability to work both professionally and personally with them even during their 5 game losing streak - a sharp change from the Gruden years.

Ron has united the locker room and has them actually working harder to get better, warts and all.

I still want Sewell though, but at this point I'll be happy if this team can just shed their old culture no matter what their record is.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I don't know about you all but I am tired of saying well maybe next year each season. Go for the playoffs. Make it and who knows what happens, most likely it ends in being blown out but put some energy back into this fan base. Let some free agents who may not have even thought about signing with Washington know that there is a new culture where they dont just roll over anymore. May get them a free agent they may not have been able to get if they were drafting top 5 again

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Fun thing happens when you make playoffs: free agents want to come to your team. They see potential.

What free agents are gonna want to come to a team that is drafting another quarterback? Shows that team is years away from competing.

"I want to win a Super Bowl, so I'm going to sign with the Redskins/WFT"

Said no one ever!

Players only ever come here for the money, and then deliver nothing they used to do that made them worth the money. The exceptions are few and far between, but this is the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->