OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 11: Week 1 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Jags look like shit tonight. If not for garbage time checkdowns Minshew would have a crap stat line. Bad.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

In summary, Snyder was due to pay dividends to his minority owners in April but didn’t based on the uncertainty surrounding COVID and the upcoming season. Snyder didn’t bother to tell his minority owners before hand and the minority owners got pissed. Hints the FedEx decision about the name was a result, not social justice. Epstein rumors and WaPost stories were also payback for not paying money and to force Snyder to sell the team.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

In summary, Snyder was due to pay dividends to his minority owners in April but didn’t based on the uncertainty surrounding COVID and the upcoming season. Snyder didn’t bother to tell his minority owners before hand and the minority owners got pissed. Hints the FedEx decision about the name was a result, not social justice. Epstein rumors and WaPost stories were also payback for not paying money and to force Snyder to sell the team.

Lol so our minority owners are just as sleazy as Dan. I’m getting close to hoping the entire thing burns down and closes, then maybe we can get an expansion team.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Turned out great for one year, 2012 has been the best year of my football life and I'm 34. RGIII didn't work out for a plethora of reasons but wasn't because he was a mobile QB. Those reasons included his strange inability to slide and his unwillingness to protect himself while scrambling, an inability to properly read defenses from the pocket which rendered him effectively useless once teams stopped him from using his legs, the garbage sandbox they called "turf" at FedEx Field, and a combined failure on all of his, Shanahan's, and the team doctor's parts in keeping him out there playing when he was clearly broken during the Seattle playoff game which zapped a lot of his mobility (and confidence).

As I was mentioning to @EroCaps last weekend, young QBs who have success the fastest in the NFL are typically mobile QBs who can make plays with their legs as they're still learning pro passing concepts. Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Pat Mahomes, Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, Dak Prescott, Deshaun Watson, Cam Newton, Carson Wentz, RGIII, Andrew Luck, etc all saw success quickly because they could make plays with their legs if protection broke down which also keeps opposing pass rushers on their heels. The question of staying power and if they can take it to the next level comes when it's determined whether or not they can make plays through the air once teams scheme to take away their legs. Some like Mahomes, Prescott, or Wilson proved that they can be just as deadly through the air and some the jury is still out, like Jackson and Wentz. Obviously we know the answer to RGIII there as well.

When was the last time a pure pocket passer tore it up early in his career?

I’m sorry. You didn’t see Gibbs 1.0. I’m 51 and saw it all. First real season I feel for the team was 1978. Jack Pardee was the coach. Started 6-0 and limped to 8-8. Painful.

But nowhere near as painful as 1979. Good team (backbone of the 1982 SB winner), and we lost to Dallas in game 16, for the division, 35-34. So upsetting. Blew a 34-21 lead on the 4th Q down in big D. And then the Cards laid down like dogs (42-6) and allowed the Bears to win the WC due to point differential by like 4 points. Was such a terrible start to being a fan.

then 80 brought 6-10 and Pardee was out. Gibbs came out 0-5 in his first year in 81....and the rest was history.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Lol so our minority owners are just as sleazy as Dan. I’m getting close to hoping the entire thing burns down and closes, then maybe we can get an expansion team.
The fact that they've been willing to be co-owners with Snyder for so long should have told you they were dirtballs. If they had a conscious, these stories would have come out much sooner on their own.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Dan is an idiot for not communicating the lack of payments, but everyone jumping straight to "burn this thing down" seems to indicate there have been issues on the verge of boiling over to begin with.

Might also be why there was no communication.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Dan is an idiot for not communicating the lack of payments, but everyone jumping straight to "burn this thing down" seems to indicate there have been issues on the verge of boiling over to begin with.

Might also be why there was no communication.

So a simple lack of communication lead minority owners to work with Fedex to pull support unless the name was changed, work with offshore news organizations to plant fake incriminating stories about dan, and work with washington post to dive bomb the entire organization so they could maybe get a cheap buy out?

Either they are as corrupt as he is, or it was more than just a lost email.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So a simple lack of communication lead minority owners to work with Fedex to pull support unless the name was changed, work with offshore news organizations to plant fake incriminating stories about dan, and work with washington post to dive bomb the entire organization so they could maybe get a cheap buy out?

Either they are as corrupt as he is, or it was more than just a lost email.

Yep. The breakdown of communication over something as big and basic as "Paying Your f***ing Shareholders" strikes me as a huge red flag. There's bigger issues that have been going on for a while.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I'm so conflicted with this Football team. As a fan for so long ever since childhood I want them to succeed, but I feel that any success would just entrench this culture even further.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I'm so conflicted with this Football team. As a fan for so long ever since childhood I want them to succeed, but I feel that any success would just entrench this culture even further.

I hear ya but there is a ray of hope. With Rivera and Wright they appear to be taking the first steps towards changing the culture. And they have started what appears to be a legit rebuild. As always the wildcard is Snyder. And past history says he will F it up sooner than later. But the NFL may scare Snyder into a passive role as owner. It’s a big “may” though.

Sep 19, 2008
What culture? The one of not losing anymore, that Rivera was hired to fix?

I'm not going to be a shill but it will be hard for me to critique the WFT. I know they are not perfect and they've done some pretty shitty things but I will always be a fan and I will always support them over any other club or sport. Also as someone above said all this happened in the past before Rivera and Wright took over. Even the most recent incident of Snyder not paying minority owners took place before Wright was hired. You really can't fault them for trying, there's been a lot of bad publicity but it doesn't involve the current regime. There is some serious PR going on trying to bring some respect back to the WFT name and it wouldn't be fair to critique them on what the previous regime did.

WFT Football / Washington Caps / Nats / Washington Spirit (women's soccer)/ DC United / Wiz:mad::mad::mad:

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
What culture? The one of not losing anymore, that Rivera was hired to fix?

I'm not going to be a shill but it will be hard for me to critique the WFT. I know they are not perfect and they've done some pretty shitty things but I will always be a fan and I will always support them over any other club or sport.

WFT Football / Washington Caps / Nats / Washington Spirit (women's soccer)/ DC United / Wiz:mad::mad::mad:

I meant more so about front office culture. Dan Snyder will never the football team alone until the day he dies. And even then, unlike Jack Kent Cooke, will just bequeath the team to his son.

Even if WetHog is right, this is still the guy that likes the players so much that he keeps them around his person all the time. Like giving Alex Smith rides in his limousine to and from games. Or having RG3 at all his get togethers.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Jordan Reed just rolled his ankle. Who had first quarter Week 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad