Confirmed with Link: Washington Caps Trade Perreault to Anaheim...

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Did I already get my prediction in that Erat will not get a single game as Ovi's LW this year? I think I did. After last year, I have seen no signs other than MJ or bust.

Nylander never got to play at ES with Ovi either. It boggles the mind that George can go get high skill players yet they never get to play with our highest skill player.

I thought Nylander did get to play with Ovie the first year he was here? When Backstrom was a 4th line center under Hanlon? But I'm not sure...

Either way Oates is a sharp guy and they are privy to alot of things we aren't. Maybe they have tried it at some point not in a game and it didn't work? Who knows.

I'd like to see Erat on that 1LW too but I trust Oates. So far there is alot to like on how he handles players so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I thought Nylander did get to play with Ovie the first year he was here...

Nope, maybe a game or few periods. That is it. I am still waiting.

Its was EDIT Kozlov {coconut tip to BRS} or bust as Ovi's center during the early Nylander years. He was our 2C, and Nick was his LW.

Poor Hanlon. Never once tried the pointless Nick at center, got fired, Bruce sticks him at 4C, scored the OT game winning goal. An overnight genius; Hanlon dispatched to the eastern front.

I feel coaches walk a fine line. They simply must honor player development requests of their boss, oh and go win a cup. Erat far away from Ovi is all about MJ as an org priority. Which makes me question why we got Erat.

The wildcard was landing Grabs. That has insured a bottleneck at both wings. George did not plan this. He may well have had plans to convert Erat to center this year. I suspect the move a wing to center experiment was not born this summer. We got Grabs. Why are we moving someone again? Overstocked at Wing. .com

Last edited:

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
As tired as I am of the constant rehashing, the Forsberg trade is relevant to the way the current members of the organization value players and such. So it says more about the future than the Stevens deal, obviously.

Of course nothing anyone here says is actually relevant except to those discussing it, so talking Stevens is just as valid in that respect if a bit less topical.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
As tired as I am of the constant rehashing, the Forsberg trade is relevant to the way the current members of the organization value players and such. So it says more about the future than the Stevens deal, obviously.

Of course nothing anyone here says is actually relevant except to those discussing it, so talking Stevens is just as valid in that respect if a bit less topical.

fair enough....but I guess I see it as more just wishing you had players back. I dont see any of the FF rehash as a deep dive into talent evaluation....I see it as nothing more than "if it didnt happen..." followed by emoticons...doesnt bother me, I dont mind reading them, think its kind of funny people are still on it...and starting to respond

I didnt like the trade either...but I dont see whats so amazingly amazing about FF yet at the same time.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Maybe we'll see a Flash for Hannan type trade to reshuffle the roster a little after seeing how things shake out early on.

Don't hold your breath. George has done like 2 actual roster "hockey trades" that I can remember. The one you mentioned, and then the Zednik/Bulis for Zubrus/Linden deal from years ago. All of his other "hockey trades" are marginal AHL types for each other (think the Kundratek deal).

One other thing to think about--- with no Cap room, any hockey trade will need salary going out. To fix our defense, we would need an actual top 4. Another Fringe deal for a 5-7 is redundant. Which means real salary going out. 3m+ (Ward, Laich, or Erat....or Erskine + 1m F). In his history, George has never made a deal for a defenseman in that salary range in a hockey trade. Not ever.

He got Wideman and Corvo, but those were for prospects (and neither is top 4 difference maker either, they were bottom pair add ons)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Don't hold your breath. George has done like 2 actual roster "hockey trades" that I can remember. The one you mentioned, and then the Zednik/Bulis for Zubrus/Linden deal from years ago. All of his other "hockey trades" are marginal AHL types for each other (think the Kundratek deal).

One other thing to think about--- with no Cap room, any hockey trade will need salary going out. To fix our defense, we would need an actual top 4. Another Fringe deal for a 5-7 is redundant. Which means real salary going out. 3m+ (Ward, Laich, or Erat....or Erskine + 1m F). In his history, George has never made a deal for a defenseman in that salary range in a hockey trade. Not ever.

He got Wideman and Corvo, but those were for prospects (and neither is top 4 difference maker either, they were bottom pair add ons)

Chris Clark + Milan Jurcina for Jason Chimera.
Matt Pettinger for Matt Cooke.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Are we talking Anaheim's cap hit? Oh wait, he must be talking an all star game.

I would have liked to have seen Montana.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->