StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
How about a guess on # of pages:

1) Caps blow them out = 11 pages
2) Caps squeak a win = 14 pages
3) Sens squeak a win = 22 pages
4) Sens rout the Caps = 124 pages (ok 28 pages) The hyperbole explosion on here triggers an internet quake 6.3 on the Richter scale shutting down Amazon for over an hour.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
giphy.gif

I gotta say, I'm a huge Michael Bolton fan...I celebrate the guys entire collection.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Looking at today's roster, a thought about Hagelin -- maybe a significant aspect of bringing him in really was to get a "better Stephenson". I.e. maybe all this time Reirden really did keep Stephenson in the lineup just for the PK, while holding his nose... now the dude can go do nacho duty, hopefully with jalapenos, until he figures something out.

Anyway, Stephenson has been a disappointment, like a poor man's Mojo. Not having him in the lineup, especially replaced by Hagelin, should definitely make the Caps harder to play against.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Melynk is way too cheap to sign two free agents when he has an entire building of people he already pays.

Lines for tonight:

Tkachuk-Harold from Accounting- White
Felipe the custodian- Tierney- Ron the valet
Janet the office administrator-Pageau- Paajarvi
Dylan (the kid who cuts Melynk's lawn)- Carol from HR- Ryan

Healthy Scratch:
Boedker

Come on, man. We all know that positions of custodian and office administrator are held by the same person. Dylan, who also cut's Melnyk's lawn.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Looking at today's roster, a thought about Hagelin -- maybe a significant aspect of bringing him in really was to get a "better Stephenson". I.e. maybe all this time Reirden really did keep Stephenson in the lineup just for the PK, while holding his nose... now the dude can go do nacho duty, hopefully with jalapenos, until he figures something out.

Anyway, Stephenson has been a disappointment, like a poor man's Mojo. Not having him in the lineup, especially replaced by Hagelin, should definitely make the Caps harder to play against.

unfortunately Jaskin, Boyd, and DSP aren't great PKers... I expect Stephenson to still get time due to the PK.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
unfortunately Jaskin, Boyd, and DSP aren't great PKers... I expect Stephenson to still get time due to the PK.
Caps PK forwards pre deadline
PK1 Eller Wilson
PK2 Dowd Stephenson
PK3 Backstrom Oshie

Vs NYR Sunday
PK1 Eller Hagelin
PK2 Dowd Wilson
PK3 Backstrom Oshie

It's possible vs Tampa-like teams they go defense heavy but I think Hagelin-Dowd-Boyd is the 4th line most of the time for a while

Reactions: um and artilector

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Caps PK forwards pre deadline
PK1 Eller Wilson
PK2 Dowd Stephenson
PK3 Backstrom Oshie

Vs NYR Sunday
PK1 Eller Hagelin
PK2 Dowd Wilson
PK3 Backstrom Oshie

It's possible vs Tampa-like teams they go defense heavy but I think Hagelin-Dowd-Boyd is the 4th line most of the time for a while

I hope you’re right... but I wouldn’t be surprised if Stephenson took Oshies PK spit.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
We never show up in these types of games. I expect a win, but not a "good" win. We'll eek one out.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
This team isn’t going anywhere until it figures out how to defend when they have the puck behind our net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad