Washington Capitals prospect awards shines light on strong farm team

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
stanislav_galiev_washinton_010916.jpg
Photo: Washington Capitals prospect Stanislav Galiev spent most of the 2015-16 season with the big club, but as a healthy scratch. (courtesy David Hahn/Icon Sportswire)

</p>The Washington Capitals season once again came to a premature end in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. That heartbreak could lead to NHL opportunities next season for a handful of prospects, including young winder Jakub Vrana.

A naturally-gifted Czech, Vrana highlights the Capitals end-of-season prospect awards, even though he dealt with a wrist injury and surgery this season.

Hardest Worker: Adam Carlson, G, Mercyhurst College (AHA)

One of the newest Washington prospects, Carlson is already a success story after signing his first NHL contract back in March.… read more

The post Washington Capitals prospect awards shines light on strong farm team appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hardest Worker: Nathan Walker/Garrett Mitchell

Hardest Shot: This one's tough. Vrana's shot isn't exactly hard but his release is very quick so I guess I'll agree with the article Jakub Vrana

Best Defensive Prospect: Madison Bowey (Regular season), Tyler Lewington (Playoffs)

Fastest Skater: Jakub Vrana/Nathan Walker

Prospect of the Year: Riley Barber

Mainly for his solid regular season.

Breakout Player for 2016-17: Madison Bowey/Vitek Vanecek

Most Improved Prospect: Nathan Walker

Guy comes back from a torn ACL and has a great season.

Overachiever: Travis Boyd

This is a guy that Troy Mann said wouldn't make the team if he showed up playing like he did at Development Camp

Underachiever: Stan Galiev

I don't agree that Lewington was put in a position to make the Bears given their depth at RD before the Carrick trade so I'll go Galiev since he didn't do much in Washington.

Highest Risk/Reward Prospect: Stan Galiev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad