Washington Capitals' Kacharov won $1M in lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So Caps' press guy turns out to be a very lucky person. Washington Capitals executive Sergey Kocharov wins $1 million lottery prize

15656977061884465550.jpg

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
He'll get like 200k of it.

American taxes.

Our taxes are pretty generous to rich people, we just treat lottery winnings as income. Big whoop. If you look at what our taxes actually are, he'll get around 600k if he takes it as a lump sum. If he takes it in smaller sums, he'll get more because he can come in under the top tax brackets for a lower rate. Hardly a hardship.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Our taxes are pretty generous to rich people, we just treat lottery winnings as income. Big whoop. If you look at what our taxes actually are, he'll get around 600k if he takes it as a lump sum. If he takes it in smaller sums, he'll get more because he can come in under the top tax brackets for a lower rate. Hardly a hardship.

Probably less than that, the 1 million is usually the total amount paid over x years if he didn't select the lump sum. If he elects the lump sum its going to be considerably less before tax even enters the equation.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Yes it means older people who go to warm areas for the winter, but certainly do not make it their primary residence. They escape the cold a few moths of the year. Thats all. They certainly dont stay there. As i said.
So you do know why they stay there...

Reactions: themelkman

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Probably less than that, the 1 million is usually the total amount paid over x years if he didn't select the lump sum. If he elects the lump sum its going to be considerably less before tax even enters the equation.

Sounds like a hardship. Now I glad I didn’t win.

Canadians move to the US for employment reasons typically. Take that out of the equation and why on earth would they stay there???

Your inferiority complex is showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad