GDT: wascar | Game 4 ECQF

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Why wouldn't it qualify as boarding? It doesn't have to be a hit from behind...

I mean, I *guess* you could make that argument. But if this got called, it would be a very soft boarding call. The whole point of penalties is fairness. There's nothing "unfair" about this hit. Faulk wasn't defenseless, he wasn't vunerable, he didn't have his back to the play, he wasn't facing the boards. Wilson even coasted the final 10 feet. I get that Faulk went flying into the boards, but hockey's a tough sport. Sometimes, you get hit hard, like Faulk did here.

There are a lot of examples of bad plays by the Capitals in this series, but this ain't one, (chief).

Reactions: Tryamw

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
So I re-watched part of the game. There was a stretch in the 1st, where the Canes, inexplicably played for probably 20 seconds with only 4 guys on the ice. Staal and Foegele were out there and I think Williams had gone off, but nobody came on (not sure about that as it was shortly after a Canes PP). Finally, Patrick Brown jumps over the wall and races in just in time to lift the stick of a guy taking a shot. John and Tripp were oblivious to the fact that the Canes only had 4 players on the ice they rave about the play Brown made and Tripp says "Talk about starting on-time". LOL, as it was exactly opposite of what happened (assuming Brown was the guy that was supposed to be on the ice). That was right before the too many men penalty so things on the bench were obviously messed up for a bit there.

And then later Tripp doubled down by saying "you won't see a better change than the one by Brown though."

I knew it! They were using that clip of Brown hustling in to join the play to talk up his play and I was thinking “guy probably missed his line change”. Right after that we got called for too many men somehow but it was off camera so I still don’t know how we managed to go from playing shorthanded to having too many men in the blink of an eye.

Wolfpack Cane

Mar 7, 2010
Raleigh
The forecheck has really been a thing of beauty this postseason, especially at home where we control the matchups. It has completely changed what Washington tries to do; no more calmly bringing it through the neutral zone and retaining possession. Instead they're focusing on long stretch passes and hoping to settle down with possession straight in the offensive zone. I trust our D to handle that (especially with CdH back) so I'll take that every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->