GDT: wascar | Game 4 ECQF

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
In all seriousness, of course, Caps fans are going to be livid. I'd be livid, too. I don't expect sports fans to be objective, which is why i rarely post in that main board game discussion AKA the perpetual NHL dumpster fire.

Sincerely hope Oshie heals quickly. I don't like to see injuries, no matter how much I hate a franchise.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'm sure Oshie will be fine next season.

Relatively sure.

Well, wrist injuries do kinda suck.

Especially if you really on your wrist shot...

Aaaaaanyway, good luck with all *that*.

Wrist injuries ruined careers but so did concussions.
Difference between the two is that Foegele didn't want to hurt his opponent while Ovi clearly did.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Is it normal to suspend someone for a 2 minute penalty?

Jakub Voráček got suspended for deflecting Boychuk.

I left the Capitals When I left the area... Mostly left hockey until the Whalers moved... I'm a Jerky Bandwagoneer.

I am technically a bandwagon since I focus on NHL players not teams in general, but hey it seems I might stay.

Niskanen and Orpik getting clowned on the Caps goals against makes me quite happy.

Vengeance is ours.

YES.

And also ripping out and eating his liver, of course.

(About Orpik’s liver)

I wouldn’t eat anything so putrid.

In all seriousness, of course, Caps fans are going to be livid. I'd be livid, too. I don't expect sports fans to be objective, which is why i rarely post in that main board game discussion AKA the perpetual NHL dumpster fire.

Sincerely hope Oshie heals quickly. I don't like to see injuries, no matter how much I hate a franchise.

They lack the clarity of The Path of Vengeance. In time they shall see.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
That same crosscheck 3 feet closer to the boards or 3 feet further out has no injury and it's not even a penalty.

He got caught in that weird area where a cross check from the back is really really dangerous.

That's why most minor hockey leagues have a ZERO TOLERANCE for any hitting from behind.
The NHL doesn't and that's why you get plays like this

But that's not Warren's fault.....

andy500

Jul 5, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Loved it. Wish I were there so much. Looked incredible.

This series has had a few moments where things just get frantic. That last minute where Capitals should have had penalties called and Mrazek makes big saves and the crowd are going wild. That's what we missed. Whatever happens over these next three games, these last two games have been amazing.

But let's win and win and do it all over against the Islanders.

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
Well that doesn't shock me, ask any Oilers fan he's ****ing terrible. It was going to be a no-call until he saw the result of the play, no way there's that much of a delay if he actually caught the play.
They called the result, not the action. Another shit officiating job, while ignoring the highway robberies going on in the entire series, especially the last two minutes last night.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Watching the post game presser with Ovi somberingly telling how it's up to players to keep each other safe rings really ****ing hollow when he willingly used his fist to give another player a concussion the previous game.

Ovi knocks a player out of the series after provoking him into unnecessary violence.
Action provokes a violent response from Carolina
Ovi - *surprised Pikachu face*

Caps have Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Oshie, Vrana, Carlson, etc. A team full of skilled star players. They should not have a problem beating the Canes with skill. And yet in game 3 Ovi decided he wanted to make this series an MMA match. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Ovi dragged his own team down into Carolina's wheelhouse. I said it after the fight and it is even truer for me now. That fight was possibly the dumbest thing Ovi could have done for the Cap's chances in this series.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't think the Foegele play was particularly egregious, but I can see why "some" Caps fans are upset about it and calling for a DOPS ruling. If the tables had turned and this was Orlov shoving TT from behind into the boards like that, causing an injury, a lot of us would be saying the same thing.

I'm more concerned with our own team right now. If Martinook, Svech, and Ferland are all out, that's not only 3 top forwards missing, but the most physical forwards of the group. We relied on 8 guys last night for the most part and can't sustain that. Need 1 or 2 of those guys back, but healthy as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad