Speculation: Was Treliving trying to get Brady Tkachuk?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Watch from 10:45 and it's pretty telling. Idk if a 3 way deal would go down, or if Ottawa didn't pick Brady then Brad would simply deal with Arizona directly, but this definitely provides some insight into what treliving was doing.

If I had to guess, the #5 pick would go to calgary for Hamilton and we would've gotten Brady with that pick. With that in mind, I vastly prefer the trade that went down with Carolina over this, but man it would've been cool to have two Tkachuk brothers player together.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Watch from 10:45 and it's pretty telling. Idk if a 3 way deal would go down, or if Ottawa didn't pick Brady then Brad would simply deal with Arizona directly, but this definitely provides some insight into what treliving was doing.

If I had to guess, the #5 pick would go to calgary for Hamilton and we would've gotten Brady with that pick. With that in mind, I vastly prefer the trade that went down with Carolina over this, but man it would've been cool to have two Tkachuk brothers player together.

It is telling? No, it isn't, all it tells, is there was a conversation.

"You know, LeBrun wants to know if I am trading you my pick, so that you can play the Tkachuk brothers together, he says you got a target on them. I'm just going to wait to see how this top 5 plays out and go from there."

It sounds to me like Chayka called the Flames to see how true the rumor was and it was dismissed by the Flames because Chayka certainly didn't reject anything.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
It is telling? No, it isn't, all it tells, is there was a conversation.

"You know, LeBrun wants to know if I am trading you my pick, so that you can play the Tkachuk brothers together, he says you got a target on them. I'm just going to wait to see how this top 5 plays out and go from there."

It sounds to me like Chayka called the Flames to see how true the rumor was and it was dismissed by the Flames because Chayka certainly didn't reject anything.

Its all speculation and we don't know for sure what was going on. I personally interpreted the conversation as a little bit more than just asking about a rumor, but we'll never know for sure.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It makes absolutely no sense at all for the Flames so I can't imagine that was very realistic. It seems more like Treliving covering his bases and Chayka kind of pushing the Tkachuk angle to see if he can get a sweet deal more than anything being very likely or close.

But taking a step back this year to unite two brothers who have not played together and likely aren't even a good fit on the same line seems like a god awful way to run a team. Even for the Coyotes I don't think it makes much sense to add Hamilton. I guess getting the known asset for a maybe makes sense but I don't think Hamilton is a guy that makes much sense for them.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Its all speculation and we don't know for sure what was going on. I personally interpreted the conversation as a little bit more than just asking about a rumor, but we'll never know for sure.
Why else would he bring up LeBrun? There is literally no other reason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad