Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
MXxgRxc.gif

Also this was 21 years ago, insane.

Reactions: Kupo

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The NFL wants you to believe they could figure out that's a forward pass yet they can't figure out why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

I'm just saying, when you look at the evidence something isn't right.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
The NFL wants you to believe they could figure out that's a forward pass yet they can't figure out why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

I'm just saying, when you look at the evidence something isn't right.
Its common knowledge kids prefer flutie flakes over all else.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
I'm unsure how the rules would depict this to begin with.

The QB technically throws the ball forward if it is based on where he is standing.
The ball travels almost exactly straight across from its release point.
The receiver catches the ball leaning backwards due to him being about a yard further down field.

Honestly as a Bills fan I'll always say it was illegal. But to be honest that is likely the most absurdly close you can get to a perfect scenario in terms of optical illusions.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Bills should have ran the clock down and not leave any time for one more play. The go-ahead FG should have been the final play of the game.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'm unsure how the rules would depict this to begin with.

The QB technically throws the ball forward if it is based on where he is standing.
The ball travels almost exactly straight across from its release point.
The receiver catches the ball leaning backwards due to him being about a yard further down field.

Honestly as a Bills fan I'll always say it was illegal. But to be honest that is likely the most absurdly close you can get to a perfect scenario in terms of optical illusions.
Where the player is really doesn’t matter, it’s the ball. To me, it looks like the ball is at the 25 1/2 yard line on the lateral and ends up a bit closer to the 25 upon reception. That said it’s about as close as it could get and is a judgement call. Bills shouldn’t have let them get all those yards.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Bills should have ran the clock down and not leave any time for one more play. The go-ahead FG should have been the final play of the game.

I think with no timeouts left Phillips was afraid to call a play and risk going down inbounds and losing the game.

I think a quick out would have been fine though, even a couple of them. Just have to make sure the QB gets rid of it fast and doesn’t take a sack.

Although, you also expect your special teams to not give up a massive return, but that’s also assuming your kick coverage team isn’t literally made up of volunteers because of so many injuries at that point.

Last edited:

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
It still hurts. At the time I thought it went forward, but seeing it again- stick with the call on the field, it looks to be about as close to perfectly lateral as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad