Was the Leafs Good Health last season overhyped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Of course they dont suffer any injuries, the heavy games plays in the west, when a western team starts to play tough in the east, man the tears and angry fans..

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Of course good health played a big factor last year, they clinched a playoff spot last game or two whatever it was.....without their good luck health wise last year they wouldn’t made it.....no brainer.

This year again luck is with them health wise but playing less factor this year bc they are in 6-7 spot in the nhl. So even with more injuries they would of made it.

Not sure what the debate is even, just common sense. Good health plays a big factor in all teams success or failure

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Of course good health played a big factor last year, they clinched a playoff spot last game or two whatever it was.....without their good luck health wise last year they wouldn’t made it.....no brainer.

This year again luck is with them health wise but playing less factor this year bc they are in 6-7 spot in the nhl. So even with more injuries they would of made it.

Not sure what the debate is even, just common sense. Good health plays a big factor in all teams success or failure

Maybe it has more to do with our players not being injury prone and less to do with luck.

Are we going to hear this excuse every year as some sort of way to tarnish what the Leafs team is? i.e a very good team?

Maybe they're a team that's able to stay healthy, crazy I know.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Maybe it has more to do with our players not being injury prone and less to do with luck.

Are we going to hear this excuse every year as some sort of way to tarnish what the Leafs team is? i.e a very good team?

Maybe they're a team that's able to stay healthy, crazy I know.

Injury luck has nothing to do with specific teams.....injury luck affects all teams to greater or lesser degree. In the case of the Leafs they clinched last game iirc.....if you hadn’t had such good fortune with injuries you wouldn’t of made it....not hard one to figure out. This year you’re ending up top 7-8 team no longer a bubble team so your luck this year with health hasn’t a big affect which is a credit to the Leafs. I don’t understand Leaf fan being so annoyed or reluctant to acknowledge injury luck affects any teams point totals.....just common sense. Cheers! You can agree or disagree doesn’t matter either way. Congrats on a good year this year.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Injury luck has nothing to do with specific teams.....injury luck affects all teams to greater or lesser degree. In the case of the Leafs they clinched last game iirc.....if you hadn’t had such good fortune with injuries you wouldn’t of made it....not hard one to figure out. This year you’re ending up top 7-8 team no longer a bubble team so your luck this year with health hasn’t a big affect which is a credit to the Leafs. I don’t understand Leaf fan being so annoyed or reluctant to acknowledge injury luck affects any teams point totals.....just common sense. Cheers! You can agree or disagree doesn’t matter either way. Congrats on a good year this year.

It's actually common sense to acknowledge that you have absolutely no idea how worse injury luck would've affected our team last year.

Teams can rally when injuries to star players happen, unless you're some sort of Nostradamus , you have no clue what would of happened -- that's common sense.

Cheers!

Reactions: CujosMask

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
"Leafs only made the playoffs because they were so healthy."
"No way do all of Matthews, Marner and Nylander repeat last season."
"SOPHOMORE SLUMP!!!!!"

Wonder what the reasons will be for next season to make a claim that the Leafs won't make the playoffs and that last season was a fluke.
This is not exclusive to the Leafs. Laine's rookie year was unsustainable, the Bruins only play bad teams, Nashville's SCF run was luck, the Blackhawks are cheating at...something, etc. This is what happens when your team becomes good.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
It's actually common sense to acknowledge that you have absolutely no idea how worse injury luck would've affected our team last year.

Teams can rally when injuries to star players happen, unless you're some sort of Nostradamus , you have no clue what would of happened -- that's common sense.

Cheers!

OP asked for people's opinion....I gave mine....not trying to convince you otherwise. Good luck in the playoffs.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
This is not exclusive to the Leafs. Laine's rookie year was unsustainable, the Bruins only play bad teams, Nashville's SCF run was luck, the Blackhawks are cheating at...something, etc. This is what happens when your team becomes good.

Agreed.....just go look at where most people slotted the Jets in the Canadian teams standings for this season......Jets fans said last year was due to injuries & near NHL worse goaltending....oh look who is ending the season this year with more average injuries and decent/good goaltending and is ending tonight in 2nd-4th spot in the entire NHL. Not an Leaf exclusive thing as much as some of them think.

CujosMask

Nov 24, 2017
Uhhhh, ya think?

We never in our lives have heard so much talk about good health when the Leafs made it in. Whatever excuses come next will be just as ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeafFever

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Uhhhh, ya think?

We never in our lives have heard so much talk about good health when the Leafs made it in. Whatever excuses come next will be just as ridiculous.
Most hyped team in terms of health in NHL history. I've never heard anything like it.
It's hard to believe also they w ere not even the healthiest team in 2016-17 with all we heard. I would have thought they were the healthiest team in history with the talk.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Yeah but no one can admit the Leafs are good:laugh:

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

Really? See virtually any of my posts over this season talking about the Leafs including a few posts above this one. Literally not a single person can say they aren’t a good team.....just look at the standings.

#toomuchcomplex

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
The Leafs are good. But I feel sorry for you. I wouldn't want to wake up on the weekend and scream to the hilltops of how my team has been wronged. More to life than that. Today emphasizes that more than ever before

Reactions: Hunter368

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
"Leafs only made the playoffs because they were so healthy."
"No way do all of Matthews, Marner and Nylander repeat last season."
"SOPHOMORE SLUMP!!!!!"

Wonder what the reasons will be for next season to make a claim that the Leafs won't make the playoffs and that last season was a fluke.

The are only good because they play in the Atlantic division and teams like the Habs and Sens have sucked this season.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Really? See virtually any of my posts over this season talking about the Leafs including a few posts above this one. Literally not a single person can say they aren’t a good team.....just look at the standings.

#toomuchcomplex

I think his issue is most people put an * next to good team. There doesn't have to be an excuse as to why they are good, they are just good, like so all the other top teams.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

The debate isn’t a debate. It’s a certain poster whose mirror is broken so comes here to have one sided conversations.

Last year, Stamkos being injured and missing the playoffs by 1 point was as much a factor as the Leafs health.

100% agree on your assessment of health.

Reactions: Hunter368

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Poor Bruins. They actually have better depth than the Leafs but injuries robbed them of that.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/leafs-have-10-players-with-40pts-or-more.2474867/page-4

How much validation do you require?

Yeah it can be annoying because there are a number of vocal members of this forum that make it clear they aren’t Leaf fans and will try to discredit the Leafs, but it’s what you get when the team is good. It exists for quite a few teams.

Plenty of fans of other teams have acknowledged that we’ve got a good team here. Let the team do the talking and stop trying to shove it down the throats of the few posters that don’t like that fact.

Reactions: Quiet Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->