Speculation: Was Shanahan sent by Bettman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I've had a suspicion about this for a long time and it's beginning to make more sense.

Brian Burke and Brendan Shanahan were both former employees of Gary Bettman, working directly under him.

Knowing that Bettman has purposefully built an entire economic model for the NHL that punishes successful franchises like the Leafs in order to propagate expansion teams in non-traditional markets , do you think that he has gone a step further by sending in his former subordinates to infiltrate and sabotage the Leafs as a franchise?

I mean look at all the terrible moves and the absolutely miserable record the Leafs have had...

Year after year they make blunder after blunder be it at the draft, free agency, or through trading. In terms of organizational direction, they zig when they should have zagged...zagged when they should zigged..

How bad the Leafs are as a franchise just defies statistics.

There is just no possible way the Leafs could be this bad short of them sabotaging themselves.

I have a nagging suspicion that this was done under the watchful eye of Gary Bettman, through his sleeper cell agents Brian Burke, Brendan Shanahan, and possibly also Richard Peddie.

Discuss.

Kyle Doobas*

Are you called Bomber because you only post while completely bombed?

cack

Jul 30, 2013
Bettman did push hard for Shanahan to be hired by Toronto but the op is way off in his assumptions as to why he did.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Nothing Bettman would want more then a Toronto-Montreal ECF and a Toronto-LA/Chicago finals to drive the only hockey items Gary Bettman cares about: ratings and revenue.

The idea of sabotage at the hands of Bettman is one I'd never believe. He has too much to gain from the success of the Leafs.

If anything he sent them both here to try and right the ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia