Trade: [WAS/OAK] Shawn Kelley to the A's

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
for international money. after the meltdown on the mound im suprised they got anything

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
so much for wanting to compete. first kintzler is traded, now kelley. rizzo is an idiot

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Lol ok sure. Please look at his stats before thanks
his era is 3.34. that good. for a team that management thinks can still compete, losing a reliever for something that isn't another reliever, or something that fills a need, is exceptionally stupid. after losing this guy and kintzler, their bullpen is weaker for sure

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Notice how theyve won games when they got rid of the two bad bullpen guys
this couldn't be more stupid. any team can win a game. its also less impressive that they did it against the reds and mets. lets see how they fare against some real competition, such as the braves and cubs over the next week.

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
Agreed, kicking a decent bullpen arm to the curb over throwing his glove is laughable. Rizzo and the Nats have no clue what they're doing. They should have blown it up completely at the deadline, but they want to fool themselves into thinking they're still postseason material.

That said, the A's getting another serivicable bullpen guy basically for free is cool with me.

Reactions: Tuggy

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
his era is 3.34. that good. for a team that management thinks can still compete, losing a reliever for something that isn't another reliever, or something that fills a need, is exceptionally stupid. after losing this guy and kintzler, their bullpen is weaker for sure

And it was even lower before his meltdown. You'd have to think that it's pretty difficult to get amped up to pitch in a 25-1 game.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yeah, why wpuld anyone want a pretty decent pitcher who gets upset about giving up runs. Sounds like a complete locker room cancer. If anything I would hope he bows and tips his hat to the batter every time he giv s up a hr.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Kelley was pitching way above his peripherals. 90% strand rate and not even a strike out per inning guy who was averaging 12 K/9 a few years ago.

a middle relief/low-leverage type guy at this point

IslesFan2017

May 29, 2017
I don't really follow the A's, so I don't know what their weaknesses are. The only trade they made before the deadline was for Familia, so I am surprised they traded for another reliever.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I don't really follow the A's, so I don't know what their weaknesses are. The only trade they made before the deadline was for Familia, so I am surprised they traded for another reliever.

Bullpen can never be deep enough this time of year. Especially now when teams have a quick hook for starters in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->