Was Nikolai Kulemin drafted last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Looks like he scored 2 big goals in the semifinals (didn't see the game, read the recap). I went and watched a handful of Russia's practices before Malkin came to town in Vernon, and I thought Radulov (Nashville) and Kulemin stood out most. I'm not sure of his birth date, but this kid certainly has potential.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
He was actually eligible in 2004, but has gone undrafted so far.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Kulemin was the 2nd or 3rd best Russian in that tournament. Worse than Malkin and possibly Lemtyugov. Yet he outperformed the usual suspects in Radulov, Voloshenko, Lisin, ect. He, like Shirokov were born in 1986. He has already made his RSL debut on Malkin's team, and is doing rather well.

Any team that drafts Shirokov or Kulemin is going to get a steal... as they are not going to go in the 1st several rounds, but are great players.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Just for hockey as a sport I hope Kulemin and Shirokov get drafted... they are easily better (or at least as good as) than the almost NHL ready Radulov + Voloshenko.

Lemtyugov is looked very well as well but is underhyped compared to even Lisin.

Last edited:

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Which round, if any, do you think a team might go for one of these World Junior vetrans (especially Shirokov who must have played in 3 now)?

langdak

Dec 13, 2005
Langley, BC
I heard that because the the "no transfer agreement" the NHL clubs have shyed away from drafting any of the top Russian guys because of the very large amounts of money that the Russian club teams would want if the players were to transfer to the NHL.

There has been a serious lack of Russians drafted in the past little while and again from what i heard it directly relates to the non-signing of the transfer agreement, and to be honest, i dont blame the NHL clubs, who wants to pay that kinda cash to have a player transfered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad