Was Malkin tanking it?

CCCP

Nov 17, 2005
i16.photobucket.com
lol yea right, not just their regular season (76 pts 41 goals in 82 games Kovalchuk...87 pts 33 goals in 65 games Spezza) but do you have any idea how Spezza is actualy dominating in the playoffs? Have you been watching the last 2 series in the playoffs and last night Buffalo?

Spezza makes player around him BETTER because he is one of the best playmaking centers in the NHL. You will see, in a year or 2 only Crosby will have more assists. They guy is 22-23 lol and he could have had MORE GOALS than Kovalchuk the goal scorer this year lol If you look at him, you have the feel that he can get a lot a lot better. He is a lot better player this year than last in his overall game and diffensively, just as their opposition or Ottawa coach Bryan Murray who praising the guy non stop in the playoffs

Give me a franchise playhmaking CENTER anyday who can score 40 goals also in a heap a head of a star winger who's game is looking enigmatic. Heck Kovalchuk isnt even the best player on his team now in teh regular season.

Just wait 2 more years when Spezza is 25. That scout is going to even out do himself with those predictions favouring Spezza's game then.
So, what u r saying is: Spezza makes Alfie and Heater better players? Do u think if he was playing with Sim, Rucchin, Mellanby, etc he'd make them better too? Somehow I doubt he'd have the same point totals if he'd be playing with those guys, but what do I know.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So, what u r saying is: Spezza makes Alfie and Heater better players? Do u think if he was playing with Sim, Rucchin, Mellanby, etc he'd make them better too? Somehow I doubt he'd have the same point totals if he'd be playing with those guys, but what do I know.

Well he is the best player I have ever seen play for the sens. That includes Hossa, Yashin, Havlat, Heatley and Alfy. The guy is an absolute threat every time he is on the ice. Watch his puck control speed and creativity. Watch how one head fake backs off the defensemen because they know he can beat them with speed, a deke, a back door pass or a quick release. He has all the tools to beat you.

Alfredsson does it all but man Spezza makes this team tick. Everyone around him is better when he is on the ice. All 5 guys turn into a threat to score. The scary thing is like all big guys he just keeps getting better.

While I think Kovalchuk is a more effective player then Spezza when playing with guys like Sim Mellanby etc. Spezza would be the better player with skilled players. I dont think the basic nhler thinks on the same level offensively as Spezza so it doesnt mesh. I think he could take on a different style while playing with weaker players but he wouldnt be as affective.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
and we all know cherry is right about as much as that other guy [ ek]
I don't think that Malkin tanked, I think he's better than that. But if some Russians like to think that Russian players don't care about the NHL at all, then Don Cherry was right all along. I wonder if Ovechkin tanked the semi-final today; he wasn't that good right?

TeamPlayer

Jan 11, 2003
I don't think that Malkin tanked, I think he's better than that. But if some Russians like to think that Russian players don't care about the NHL at all, then Don Cherry was right all along. I wonder if Ovechkin tanked the semi-final today; he wasn't that good right?

Useless thread....players have too much pride to tank

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad