Post-Game Talk: Was last nights when awesome or potentially a bad habit developing?

Was last nights 3rd period commendable or condemnable?

• Total voters

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
All NHL teams do this occasionally, it's impossible to bring your A-game every night. Even the worst teams in the league are professionals and the gap between them isn't large. Gotta give the opponents credit sometimes for executing their systems.

The difference is this team can really push so they win games like this because of their depth. They wear people down with 4 rolling lines.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
We've seen them play like the 1st two periods over the last little while.
Parts of the last Arizona game, parts of the Washington game, and even the Colorado game.
Just a little sloppy.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
lots of factors at play but lumbus was giving 110% in the first 2 periods, maybe they gassed out a bit then then 2nd goal broke their mental and the turtle started

hard to punch back after you get popped 3 times that quickly

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
NYR lost to Senators 6 to 2, NY is the #1 team in the league Ottawa #22, good teams lose to teams they shouldn't (at least on paper). Yes the Kings played poorly for the first 2 periods and that needs to be addressed.
Thu Dec 7 @ Montreal
Sat Dec 9 @ NYI
Sun Dec10 @ NYR (NYR also play Sat @ Washington)
Word is out about LA, expect teams to play tough against them.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
I wouldn't say they didn't show up. They just really poured it on during the 3rd. First two periods were ok, maybe by this seasons performance they were asleep but compared to a few seasons ago....not even close to being the same.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
There's definitely going to be peaks and valleys during a season. The biggest takeaway for me is the fortitude they showed in coming back. They didn't mail it in. Outside of that Colorado home opener, there isn't a game this season where I felt like we weren't in it or fighting for points.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
In the end, the Kings are going to experience many games like this, but the difference is that the great teams are the ones that are never out of it and find a way to get back in it and win. 2012-2014 the team had swagger, if they went down you were almost 100% confident they would respond and take control and they almost always did.

Wins like last night are good to see because things aren't going to go your way every night, but when they don't it says a lot for those teams that can start to take control and will their own result more often than not. It is the mark of a contender.

Reactions: Sparky206

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
No matter how good a team is they will have dips in form. Man City in the PL are doing just that currently dropping more points despite being the leagues best side. Holding a run together is very difficult even when you’ve done it cons for extended periods. This is the first time this side has looked this dominant so I’m nor worried about dips. I am though impressed they are finding ways to win when they aren’t at it.

Reactions: King'sPawn and YP44

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Impossible to expect a tEan to play their best 82 x 60. This team has the ability to wear down their opposition with its size. I’ve been most pleasantly surprised with how we play consistently good team defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fishhead and YP44

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I just see us as the major league team and CBJ as our farm team. So we went easy for the first two rounds to let CBJ play a bit before we took them out.

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
In the end, the Kings are going to experience many games like this, but the difference is that the great teams are the ones that are never out of it and find a way to get back in it and win. 2012-2014 the team had swagger, if they went down you were almost 100% confident they would respond and take control and they almost always did.

Wins like last night are good to see because things aren't going to go your way every night, but when they don't it says a lot for those teams that can start to take control and will their own result more often than not. It is the mark of a contender.
These are the games you need during a season to build the beleif. A few more of these and come playoff time the beleif will be there that they can come back from any situation.

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
No team dominates for 60 minutes. And the first 40 included some of the worst Kings hockey all season. I don't think you can chalk it up as anything but a sloppy win.
Kopi did say he hates the Columbus trip so makes sense

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3