Was it a mistake to trade for Bobby Ryan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
How the hell is Ryan considered as valuable as Krejci? Krejci is better in all facets of the game (except maybe goal scoring) and is a proven playoff performer....

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
They all live in Philly suburbs in New Jersey anyway. It's boring and safe there too.

But Ottawa is safe AND just exciting enough for a family man/boozer!

win/win/win.

I would give him 6.5 a year and in all honesty we have all tossed around numbers and have been totally wrong before. Whatever we think he will get will be probably 1 million too much!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
6.5 is too low unless it's for 8 years

A proven 30 goal scorer who was on pace for PPG before getting hurt, our best winger etc....

I still have a hard time taking seriously anyone who scoffs at 7+ per for Ryan

Last edited:

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
I think the Krejci contract sets Ryan value at about $6.8M/year long term. I'm thinking the contract gets done quicker now, of course being that Ryan really wants to re-up long term.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I don't think the Krejci contract sets Ryan's value so much as confirms it. I would imagine Ryan's ask to be in around the 7 MM range, depending on term, while the team probably wants to get him at about 6.5 or so. Anything at an AAV of 6.5 or lower is a great deal for the team, while 7ish would be an average deal IMO.

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
When i read that "Right now I'm a sen, and I'm pretty happy" quote, it's pretty obvious that he really means that he wants a long term deal in Philly.

I wouldn't say it's really sounding too good as of late. Take this for what it's worth, but my grandmother's only child's son ran into Ryan the other day grocery shopping at Loblaws, and he caught a glimpse of Ryan's shopping cart; it was stock full of Philadelphia cream cheese. Apparently Ryan apprehensively rerouted his cart when he saw the guy, who was wearing a Sens jersey, peer into his shopping cart with his jaws dropped down. Why not just go for an Ottawa-based cream cheese?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Bad news guys. I had a vision of the future and Ryan gets traded to the Flyers at the trade deadline

Oh well. I guess Flyers fans were right when they said that Ryan would eventually be a Flyer. :(

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Bad news guys. I had a vision of the future and Ryan gets traded to the Flyers at the trade deadline

Oh well. I guess Flyers fans were right when they said that Ryan would eventually be a Flyer. :(

Yes, but he gets traded in a 1-for-1 deal for Claude Giroux, so all is well. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->