Was Alain Vigneault the best coach the Canucks have ever had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soth

Feb 18, 2010
I believe AV was the best coach the Nucks have ever had. I truly believe if it weren't for the huge amount of injuries against Boston, he would have brought us home the cup.

After the cup imo the nucks went into a funk. The refs being so against them coupled with the crushing defeat really stole the motivation from the team as a whole, or so it seemed imo. As much as I liked AV I believe it was time to bring in a motivator to kick the team in the rear and get them out of their funk. I think Torts is the perfect guy for that.

But that doesn't change the fact that the Canucks have never enjoyed so much success under any other coach. Switching his team from a defensive system, to an offensive one and back again really showed his ability to adapt to the team he had on the ice.

Every team loves to badmouth their coach, but I think AV did a great job during his time here.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I can't vote, but I say yes. 2 President trophies, 4 division titles? 1 Stanley cup appearence. He was just over his due date in the last 2 seasons, take out the last 2 seasons and tell me what you see.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Was never a Quinn fan myself. Never been a big fan of the stubborn old guard types. Quinn, Burke etc. Their bluster tarnishes their effectiveness imo.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Yep.

Probably not the best when it comes to communication or X's and O's, but great at everything else.

Best coach statistically, filled our cupboard with everything short of the Stanley Cup, developed several late picks into key core players.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Quinn for me.

AV is one of the best, but not the best. I think Lu & the Twins carried him to alot of his success, and when those guys weren't at there best, this team failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad