Warrior Swizzle Shaft

TimberwolvesHockey11

Dec 23, 2010
Austria
I have the possibility to get the Warrior Swizzle Shaft really cheap (-50%) but i'm not sure about it. It's quite heavy (320) gramms and i think it's one of there low end shafts.

Do anybody use/used it? should i keep my hand off it or is it good? Does it come with the wooden plug at the end like the AK27?

Right now i have a AK27 2010 Shaft. Can anybody tell me if the performance is comparable?

Thanks in advance!

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Swizzles don't normally come with wooden end plugs, they will have more fibreglass in their material than the AK so that would make them a bit heavier but more durable in general as well. Performance would obviously be lower than the AK but finding a good blade to pair it with would be something more concerning imo.

Pog Form

Jan 9, 2009
Toronto, ON
I have a Warrior Johnson which was the precursor to the Swizzle (the Swizzle was just a new paint job on the Johnson I believe). I had (well, still have, technically) the one piece so I can't speak about the shaft on its own, but as the above poster said, it's very durable. I played a full season with it (3x a week in beer league and pick-up) and the thing took a beating.

TimberwolvesHockey11

Dec 23, 2010
Austria
I would pair it with AK27 blade because i bought some of them when they where at sale.

If the Johnson is the precursor of the Swizzle, why is the Swizzle heavier (305 vs 320)?

I'm also afraid that the 80 flex feels to whippy, but i normaly use a 85 flex. so would i recognize the 5 flex?

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
The weight difference is negligible, 15g is nothing. Also each shaft might have a different weight (ie a 100flex shaft may be heavier than an 85) so you shouldn't be worried about that at all.

As for the flex, again it varies, not by much but I don't think it will be a game-changing difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad