Warrior sticks

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
I was curious if anyone has used Warrior sticks before and what your opinion on them was. I've felt the Mac Daddy at my local pro shop and its incredibly light, and I kind of like the look of the Fedorov and Weight curves. I found this online:

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/nhl-hockey-stick-warrior-dolomite.html

How is the Dolomite? I'm pretty sure that's a decent price for it. Any opinions would be helpful. Thanks!

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
I use the AK27 and I love it. Its has a great feel with the puck is and is a good weight. Only complaint is the paint chips off easily

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
I've been eye-balling that same stick now for a couple weeks...at least since I found it at that price on hockeymonkey. I'm hoping that after I pay my bills and rent this weekend that I'll be able to put some money on my credit card for it :D

Nov 26, 2006
Fresno, CA
some of those aren't actually dolomites.

warrior/innovative have been known to do that.

only way to know for sure what you're getting is pop the end cap off and see what it says. which i can do because hockeymonkey is kinda local to me :P

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
I've been using Warriors for just over a year now (bought the limited edition Starskie). No complaints here. My Warriors are tanks. They have taken tons of abuse and still going strong.

I just bought another Starskie and when I looked inside it was labeled Dolomite. Which is actually a Innovative Inno 1100.

the Mac Daddy is Innovatives old True-1. Nice stick but if you break the blade you can't replace it.

some of those aren't actually dolomites.

warrior/innovative have been known to do that.

only way to know for sure what you're getting is pop the end cap off and see what it says. which i can do because hockeymonkey is kinda local to me :P

Another way to tell is if the blade is a checkerboard pattern. All the first year Warriors use that type of blade.

BTW - Those are pro stock. They don't have any warranty and are different from stock Warrior sticks.

Last edited:

nni

Dec 29, 2005
innovative went out of business and warrior basically repainted their sticks and resold them.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
But I thought "pro stock" was a good thing? Definition?

Pro stock also means "gamble."

I ordered some of those Pro stocks on HM, and one of them appears to be a Bauer Vapor XX painted up like a Dolomite. It doesn't have the checkered blade and is a little bit more shaft-heavy.

I got two Saprykins, and they're both pretty different sticks.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
Innovative was bought out by Warrior which is owned by new balance. Inno used to make sticks under their name as well as making sticks for other companies, most notably Bauer. The last Bauer stick made by Innovative was the Vapor XXX. As stated the dolomite is the inno 1100 and the mac daddy is the true-one. Inno also had a checkerboard weave on their blades at one point so you can't go by that, you have to go by the label on the inside of the stick.

Many "pro-stock" dolomites have been painted over 1100s, vapor XXs, and I've ever heard of some lesser quality sticks being painted over as dolomites. Be very weary of buying a dolomite online if you really want to use a dolomite.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
Pro stock also means "gamble."

I ordered some of those Pro stocks on HM, and one of them appears to be a Bauer Vapor XX painted up like a Dolomite. It doesn't have the checkered blade and is a little bit more shaft-heavy.

I got two Saprykins, and they're both pretty different sticks.

Yeah, one thing with ALL pro stock sticks is that it's possible that the stick you're buying might not be the same as the graphics make it appear, and that's not a warrior only thing. Be weary of every stick you buy online, especially ebay, I've seen one guy buy a "Pro stock One-piece ultra lite" just to have it come to him as a wood stick painted like an ultralite.

*Just because I know someone will ask*
The reason why companies do this is exposure. Maybe a certain player likes a certain stick from Easton and Easton feels like there are a lot of players on the team using the same stick, they might choose to repaint this stick so that it looks like a less popular retail model. Another reason is to hype a new product. RBK has done this with the sickick, some pro stock sickicks are indeed sickicks but some are actually vector 10.0s.

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
Yeah, one thing with ALL pro stock sticks is that it's possible that the stick you're buying might not be the same as the graphics make it appear, and that's not a warrior only thing. Be weary of every stick you buy online, especially ebay, I've seen one guy buy a "Pro stock One-piece ultra lite" just to have it come to him as a wood stick painted like an ultralite.

The reason why companies do this is exposure. Maybe a certain player likes a certain stick from Easton and Easton feels like there are a lot of players on the team using the same stick, they might choose to repaint this stick so that it looks like a less popular retail model. Another reason is to hype a new product. RBK has done this with the sickick, some pro stock sickicks are indeed sickicks but some are actually vector 10.0s.

Well, I assume that if I buy a regular stick and not a pro-stock, then I will definitely get the stick I purchased, right?

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/warrior-hkdolomitesr.html

That would be safe to buy, right?

Also, I use the Lindros curve now. Which is more like the Lindros, the Weight or the Fedorov? I'm looking to work on my snapshot a bit.

Also, is the Heatley the closest thing to the Lindros for Easton?

Last edited:

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
with most companies yes, with warrior... maybe.

Warrior doesn't have a lindros clone but both of those curves will be close. They are both more open and the weight is a bigger curve.

I consider the Iginla to be the easton equivalent of the Lindros. The heatley is more open.

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
with most companies yes, with warrior... maybe.

Warrior doesn't have a lindros clone but both of those curves will be close. They are both more open and the weight is a bigger curve.

I consider the Iginla to be the easton equivalent of the Lindros. The heatley is more open.

I was really thinking of trying the Iginla. Awesome, thanks a lot for your help man.

VisionQuest*

my .02.

If you're a relatively serious hockey player, NEVER buy a prostock stick.

It is a crapshoot on construction, since Warrior is basically Pre2006 Bauer (innovative), you could really be getting a VaporXX as someone mentioned earlier. It'd all be a players choice.

The main thing though, is the blades. These players are in a database at Innovative with their EXACT blade specifications, and that's exactly what you're getting with these sticks. In order to duplicate the blades, you'd have to get the exact same pro-stock, or do some very delicate blade doctoring. Personally Im a fan of finding one blade, and sticking with it. Though, Im so sick of Easton's poor quality control, I gotta find something to replace my sakics. I think Im going to go take a look at Warrior's draper blade tomorrow.

xeric716x

Born To Expire
Jun 20, 2006
New Jack City
www.facebook.com

is this why you see players using differnet sticks or that every other week? for example Maklin used to use a XXX Ultra Lite, than he went to a Warrior than to he went to a NB90 one back to a Warrior.

also why do some players paint there sticks all black? i know some do because they are endorsed by one company and are using a different brand, but i have feeling this isnt the case all the time or is it?

RangerSteve

is this why you see players using differnet sticks or that every other week? for example Maklin used to use a XXX Ultra Lite, than he went to a Warrior than to he went to a NB90 one back to a Warrior.

also why do some players paint there sticks all black? i know some do because they are endorsed by one company and are using a different brand, but i have feeling this isnt the case all the time or is it?

I'm sure it depends on the player's contract with these companies along with how they are worded. This past season, Alexi Yashin was using an Easton Ultra Light shaft and quickly switched over to what appears to be a Warrior Dolomite(It is black, but in reality it is the Mac-Daddy). Also Mike Dunham's goal stick, from what I've seen has the company's name spray painted over in black.

I've never seen so many players in my life crossover from one brand to the next like last year when many players began using the Warrior Brand. I'm a huge Easton Fan and have used their shafts/one pieces since I was about six years old. I'm really starting to warm up to the Warrior Sticks and have had no complaints with using a Warrior Shaft. I wish they would turn around and make a wood composite blade. It kills me having to pay $50+ for a blade like that. Only reason why I say this is because I hate using "X-Company's shaft with Y-Company's blade".

Nov 26, 2006
Fresno, CA

warrior is the absolute best brand on the market as far as getting custom patterns to the pros.

warrior's turnaround is a couple of days from when the request is put in. other brands, take weeks to get the player a pattern.

it could be either Malkin wanted to try a different curve, and warrior could get it to him in a couple days, or NBH was running out of his pattern and it was going to be weeks before they could come up with more.

many players paint their sticks because it's their preference. some just don't like to look down at funny graphics while they're playing.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
warrior is the absolute best brand on the market as far as getting custom patterns to the pros.

warrior's turnaround is a couple of days from when the request is put in. other brands, take weeks to get the player a pattern.

it could be either Malkin wanted to try a different curve, and warrior could get it to him in a couple days, or NBH was running out of his pattern and it was going to be weeks before they could come up with more.

many players paint their sticks because it's their preference. some just don't like to look down at funny graphics while they're playing.

That's probably the biggest reason for soo many players starting to use warrior sticks. Another reason might be with bauer users not liking the new nike/bauer sticks.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I got a Ryan Smyth curve about a month ago and I like it. I still think my Easton Stealth Gaborik is a better stick even though it is falling apart, HM is selling the 05 Stealths for right around the same price as these Dolomites Pro Stocks last time I checked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad