Warrior Franchise Fit

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.
Sorry if this is a repeat, I tried to do a search.

I have always used Easton gloves and find their 14 to be a perfect fit. I think I am going to order a pair of the Warrior Franchise online and had a few questions about the fit compared to Easton.

With the Warriors, I tried on the 14 regulars which I guess would be the wide's and they seemed too roomy for me. I also tried on a well worn pair of 13 narrow and the length seemed fine but the narrow is not for me.

My question is, is it normal to drop down a size between the two companies? I measured from the base of my fingers to my elbow and it comes in at just around 14 inches.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I went from 13" gloves in Bauer Supreme to 12" for TPS 4-Roll. The fingers are a bit short but the rest of it fits fine. I can't help you with the Warrior sizing because Franchise gloves fit really weird to me in a way I can't describe. I do love the new Bauer Supreme series though, which is a different fit.

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.
I went from 13" gloves in Bauer Supreme to 12" for TPS 4-Roll. The fingers are a bit short but the rest of it fits fine. I can't help you with the Warrior sizing because Franchise gloves fit really weird to me in a way I can't describe. I do love the new Bauer Supreme series though, which is a different fit.

I know TPS has a reputation for being a roomy gloves. Im just wondering if Warrior does too. I feel like I am right in between the two sizes but the 13s I tried were already broken in.

HolyRollie

Apr 10, 2011
Boston, MA
The 14s will probably be the right fit for your hand and finger length, but will be loose compared to your Eastons. The Franchises are a roomy glove and are loose across the back of the hand. I'm not sure how the narrow 14s fit though. I wear Eastons now and love the fit. I'm planning on some custom Franchises, but I won't buy until I can compare fits.

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
the narrow 14s are ridiculously narrow! I had them accidentally shipped to me as opposed to the regular width 14s and they were absolutely tiny in comparison.

I find that they fit quite big...they're a roomy glove for sure, but are probably only marginally bigger than my old Bauers

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Pretty much all 4-rolls are going to be fairly roomy, and the narrow ones are similar shape but narrower, unlike a Supreme or Vapor glove that is narrower near the fingers and then flares out near the wrist.

Which Easton were you in?

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.
Pretty much all 4-rolls are going to be fairly roomy, and the narrow ones are similar shape but narrower, unlike a Supreme or Vapor glove that is narrower near the fingers and then flares out near the wrist.

Which Easton were you in?

The pair I am in now are the S19's, another pair of stealths before and I had an older pair of Easton Airs from the early 90s. The Airs were the greatest glove I had and I am hoping to recapture some magic. Thanks for the info.

Jimmy Carter

Avs/Leafs fan
Jul 24, 2010
Western NY
The 14s will probably be the right fit for your hand and finger length, but will be loose compared to your Eastons. The Franchises are a roomy glove and are loose across the back of the hand. I'm not sure how the narrow 14s fit though. I wear Eastons now and love the fit. I'm planning on some custom Franchises, but I won't buy until I can compare fits.

Assuming all Warriors are generally the same size, I think you're right on with this assesment. I have never used Franchises (never been good enough to warrant dropping that kind of money on gloves :laugh:), but I got a pair of Dolomites a few years ago and it was pretty much exactly what you said. The 14s (which is what I normally wear) fit from a protective stand point, but were much roomier inside the glove. I was picking them up for my roller league so I dropped down to a 13 to get the same fit inside the glove but sacrificed the protection of having my glove meet my elbow pad. Hasn't come back to bite me yet, hoping it never does haha.

BTW I had Mission gloves prior to the Dolos, don't know how Mission compares to Easton in terms of fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->