Scratches; Shore
Minors; Turris

Me likey the top 9.

Nurse-Barrie
Keith-Ceci
Lagesson-Bouchard

Scratch; Russell,

Goalies; Rotate all 3 Stalock, Koskinen, Smith

I also like that Foegele is a backup option if Hyman blows up in their face.
I'm sure Shore and Kassian will play over the kid line unless Woodcroft has a say.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
And if not, it can no longer be used as an excuse (not having fans in the crowd to amp him up).

Chara on the blue line, let me see who else...

For forwards:
Andy Andreoff
Michael Haley
Zac Rinaldo
Max McCormick (I assume based on PIM totals)

For Defensemen:
Chara
Gudbranson (could he play 3LD in spite of being a righty?
Jordie Benn
Talk of Kassian , Chara and D should be moved to appropriate threads.

-Grumpy

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Don't think Kenny is looking past 3 years at this point.. Ceci and now Foegele.. Hyman and Nuge with extra long terms to maximize quality for next 3 yrs.
I definitely think our roster will be at its peak and our true best chance as a cup contender in that year 3/4

Reactions: Oilhawks

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Drai-Yam
Foegele-Ryan-Archibald/Kassian
Benson-McLeod-Marody

Scratches; Shore
Minors; Turris

Me likey the top 9.

Nurse-Barrie
Keith-Ceci
Lagesson-Bouchard

Scratch; Russell,

I'm sure Shore and Kassian will play over the kid line unless Woodcroft has a say.

Also that AHL team is going to be a superteam? adding Holloway, Konovalov and Broberg? And didnt they got the leading AHL scorer?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Also that AHL team is going to be a superteam? adding Holloway, Konovalov and Broberg? And didnt they got the leading AHL scorer?

It will be the super team until Holloway, Konovalov and Broberg steal spots in the lineup :thumbu:

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Im guessing

hyman - McDavid - Pulju
Foegele - Draisailt - Yamamoto
Holloway - RNH - Kassian
Mcleod - Ryan - Archibald

nurse - Barrie
Keith - Bouchard
Lagesson - Ceci

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Drai-Yam
Benson-McLeod-Marody

Scratches; Shore
Minors; Turris

Me likey the top 9.

Nurse-Barrie
Keith-Ceci
Lagesson-Bouchard

Scratch; Russell,

Foegele probably needs a more offensive minded guy on his line. He is great at getting the puck in to scoring areas, and that is probably his greatest asset coming over. I'd try him with Draisaitl on L2, or give him Puljujarvi on L3.

Foegele-Draisatl-Yamamoto
or
Foegele-McLeod-Puljujarvi

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
My guess has been 2.75 all along but I was hoping for 4 years. Good contract if that's the case.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Foegele probably needs a more offensive minded guy on his line. He is great at getting the puck in to scoring areas, and that is probably his greatest asset coming over. I'd try him with Draisaitl on L2, or give him Puljujarvi on L3.

Foegele-Draisatl-Yamamoto
or
Foegele-McLeod-Puljujarvi
Totally agree. You swap Nuge with Foegele on that 2nd line. Unless Puljujari really messes up I can see him as the 1st line RW. I wouldn't be surprised if Foegele is slotted on the 2nd when the season begins

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Im guessing

hyman - McDavid - Pulju
Foegele - Draisailt - Yamamoto
Holloway - RNH - Kassian
Mcleod - Ryan - Archibald

nurse - Barrie
Keith - Bouchard
Lagesson - Ceci

I could see Nuge centering the 3rd line now that we have more winger depth. Maybe not full time, but against certain teams I could see them rolling 3 lines deep. He was interviewed on the NHL SiriusXM channel after he got signed and he mentioned how he prefers to be a centre (though said he obviously enjoys playing as a winger for McDrai).

Put Foegele and Yamamoto on his wings and that could be a very effective soft minutes 3rd line, especially if you have the McDrai’s lines pulling the tougher matchups

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So I just finished watching a game from April 1st where Duncan Keith's Hawks hosted Foegele's Hurricanes. Foegele scored twice, both goals were around the net, with the first actually banking in off of Keith. The second goal was off of a bouncing puck coming off of the end boards with Foegele finishing it off. Of note he also had a great behind the net, no look backhand pass to Staal who didn't score. He did not appear to be PKing, if he did it was not for long at all. He was playing RW on a line with Nino and Jordan Staal. In a sense he reminded me of a guy like Matt Hendricks except more skilled and less physical. He didn't have any big hits but he was all over the slot looking for deflections and around the net and boards battling hard. I'd say that if he plays in the top 6 for us that he'd be a complimentary winger that can make some plays and finish around the net. he should have a field day trying to tip point shots from the likes of Nurse, Barrie, Bouch and Keith. I did find it interesting that he was on the right side and that makes me wonder exactly where we plan on fitting him in? Might we see a RW moved?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
So I just finished watching a game from April 1st where Duncan Keith's Hawks hosted Foegele's Hurricanes. Foegele scored twice, both goals were around the net, with the first actually banking in off of Keith. The second goal was off of a bouncing puck coming off of the end boards with Foegele finishing it off. Of note he also had a great behind the net, no look backhand pass to Staal who didn't score. He did not appear to be PKing, if he did it was not for long at all. He was playing RW on a line with Nino and Jordan Staal. In a sense he reminded me of a guy like Matt Hendricks except more skilled and less physical. He didn't have any big hits but he was all over the slot looking for deflections and around the net and boards battling hard. I'd say that if he plays in the top 6 for us that he'd be a complimentary winger that can make some plays and finish around the net. he should have a field day trying to tip point shots from the likes of Nurse, Barrie, Bouch and Keith. I did find it interesting that he was on the right side and that makes me wonder exactly where we plan on fitting him in? Might we see a RW moved?
I think he plays LW. Our LW was a gaping hole last year and our RW is actually reasonable.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think he plays LW. Our LW was a gaping hole last year and our RW is actually reasonable.

Unless we are playing Nuge at center, I expect Hyman and Nuge to be our top 2 LW's. Then you have Holloway who plays LW or C. IF we are planning on keeping Kassian, I am wondering if Yamamoto gets dealt for a goalie?

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Drai-Yam
Benson-McLeod-Marody

Scratches; Shore
Minors; Turris

Me likey the top 9.

Nurse-Barrie
Keith-Ceci
Lagesson-Bouchard

Scratch; Russell,

Ya I’m on board with this. Ceci was not good in Toronto at all but maybe a fresh team will re-energize him and his career

Reactions: BoldNewLettuce

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Unless we are playing Nuge at center, I expect Hyman and Nuge to be our top 2 LW's. Then you have Holloway who plays LW or C. IF we are planning on keeping Kassian, I am wondering if Yamamoto gets dealt for a goalie?

I was wondering the same...how about Yamo + Kosk ($1m retained) to Seattle for Dreidger? Yams has Seattle roots and fan appeal.

Reactions: scott57

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I was wondering the same...how about Yamo + Kosk ($1m retained) to Seattle for Dreidger? Yams has Seattle roots and fan appeal.

I'm not sure that he'd be the guy that we'd be targeting and that would be pretty messed up on Seattle's part to trade Driedger right after signing him. But I do wonder if this might be a route that we explore (Yamo + Koskinen for a goalie).

Reactions: scott57

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
If Holloway makes the team that makes it interesting for sure. I’d be pretty surprised if that happened though. Holland likes to slow play guys.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
I also noticed from highlights he seems to play the RW and knows how to take a one timer on his off wing, I wouldn’t be against trying nuge-drai-foegele as a line

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I also noticed from highlights he seems to play the RW and knows how to take a one timer on his off wing, I wouldn’t be against trying nuge-drai-foegele as a line
Not a snipper. I expect Foegele to play a north/south game, driving to the net, retrieving the puck, grinding the boards and battling in front of the net. Don't miscast the players. Let them play to their strengths. Even if he finds himself in the top six his job will remain the same.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Not a snipper. I expect Foegele to play a north/south game, driving to the net, retrieving the puck, grinding the boards and battling in front of the net. Don't miscast the players. Let them play to their strengths. Even if he finds himself in the top six his job will remain the same.
I know he’s not a sniper but he’s displayed the ability to get off a clean shot while open with one touch. I also think his power forward game would compliment Draisaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->