News: (Warning in OP) Anders Lee "didn't think we'd get to this point". Meeting with other teams.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Lee of Islanders expects to enter NHL free agency interview period

Potentially two captains leaving in UFA 2 years in a row? Has that ever happened?

Ok, let’s give this one more go after many deleted posts.

- If you see a flame/troll/OT post report it and don’t respond to it.

- Cleaned up thread, all new troll/flame posts get an infraction. Wasted a ton of time cleaning this thread up.

Just have a civil conversation people, stop with the cheap shots back and fourth. This thread is on very thin ice now, 2nd one on the exact same subject in less then 24 hours. First one was shut down bc posters couldn’t control themselves......we will shut this down again if people can’t help themselves again. Just relax people.......finger is hovering over the infraction button.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Loyalty need to work both ways in any relationship. If Lee isn't being shown the same loyalty that he is willing to show, why would he stay? What is the Islanders offer - they've had a year to get his contract sorted.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Wow, can't believe the captain of the Islanders would leave like that.

He said earlier in the year his favorite trait is loyalty.

Guess not.

What a snake

There's an obvious difference [MOD]

Lee WANTS to stay an islander. He can’t help it if Lou isn’t offering him a good deal.

Islanders actually offered pajama Boy more money than the leafs. He wanted Toronto and only Toronto.

2 completely different situations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Fantastic player. Caps can't afford him, hope he gets out of the division.

Yeah. I think the issue is term based on my readings. Lou doesn't want to give term, which makes sense I guess. However he can get it elsewhere.

If they lose Lee, they are screwed though. Seems like they have tons of cap space, they should pay their captain IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad