GDT: WARNING: EXPLODING DEFENSEMEN (WSH vs NYR G4, 8pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Patches also has a wife and five kids. They're already going to have to move soon if/when he signs another contract somewhere else during the summer. So it's possible he just didn't want to 1) uproot such a large family twice in one year (including during his kids' school year), or 2) spend that much time away from his family.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Patches also has a wife and five kids. They're already going to have to move soon if/when he signs another contract somewhere else during the summer. So it's possible he just didn't want to 1) uproot such a large family twice in one year (including during his kids' school year), or 2) spend that much time away from his family.
Fair enough. But are we even sure he uprooted his family--with all the hassle that entails--for a one-year deal? I honestly don't know.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I mean did he even flash enough for a team to offer him a PTO next TC? I just don't see it.

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
He said something on interview at one point that insinuated his family was not moving with him to DC

There is no doubt BMAC thought he would be traded.

This acquisition didn't work, but I applaud BMAC for trying. Patches last couple of half seasons were pretty much 40 goal pace. Was worth a shot, minimal downside.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Not sure if “he wanted to stay close to his family” means the family actually moved to the D.C. area. But, even if they didn’t, it sounds like D.C. was closer to his family than NYC or any other potential suitors were.

Reactions: Neil Racki

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Going against the consensus on Pacioretty: I think it was a shitty deal and a waste of money.

He brought nothing to the team and was overpaid. Props to his agent though. The guy is a hell of a negotiator.

Sure, Bmac rolled the dice, but he paid way too much. 2 million would have been generous enough for a guy who was very high risk (two severed Achilles tendons I think??).

He'll retire with the extra money he just fleeced from Washington and be laughing. Hope all those kids make him go bald prematurely!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad