Equipment: Warm-Up Pants for Public Skating

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I'm trying to find some pants to wear while skating that have a windbreaker-type exterior but also have a cloth (usually cotton) interior. Usually they have a stripe down the side. They also need to have at least a 36'' inseam because I'm tall and a 32'' inseam, which tends to be the standard, doesn't look or feel right. The cuffs need to be elastic so they don't flop around as well. If they're long enough then I suppose I can go w/o the elastic but I'd like to see if there's something available locally for me to try on before I order them online. Do you have any suggestions ?

I've seen some from Under Armour but the inseam is, apparently, 34.5'' for XXLT http://reviews.underarmour.com/answ...warm-up-pants-questions-answers/questions.htm

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
When we used to order warm-up suits for our local travel teams we would always go with the Easton EQ3 (I think) Mid-weight ones. They seemed pretty nice and they had the windbreaker outer with the soft inner like you want. No cuffs on the bottom but cuffs are whack and uncomfortable anyway =P.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
When we used to order warm-up suits for our local travel teams we would always go with the Easton EQ3 (I think) Mid-weight ones. They seemed pretty nice and they had the windbreaker outer with the soft inner like you want. No cuffs on the bottom but cuffs are whack and uncomfortable anyway =P.

Looks good but at this point can only find a 34 inseam. I'll keep trying.

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
Why not wear runners pants and swear pants on top. I do that for skating and it feels great.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I understand you all have your preferences for wearing appropriate clothing to the rink :) I'm just interested to know if anyone else uses these warm-up pants, and if so, where they can be found with a long length for tall people. It seems a majority of the populating requires no inseam greater than 32'' :)

motalar

Feb 20, 2008
dalen
I have never seen an inseam longer than that from the major retailers (CCM, Reebok, Bauer, Easton). I am 6'5" with a 36" inseam in regular pants and I have a pair of CCM's with cuffs and Bauers without. The shorter inseam doesn't really make much of a difference either way. They are both baggy enough so I can get a good kneebend and the Bauers dont flap in the wind. I went with XXL for both.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
I usually wear track pants to skates and stick/puck sessions.

Waterproof, flexible, and they keep my warm enough yet stay ventilated enough to keep me cool when I start sweating.

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
I understand you all have your preferences for wearing appropriate clothing to the rink :) I'm just interested to know if anyone else uses these warm-up pants, and if so, where they can be found with a long length for tall people. It seems a majority of the populating requires no inseam greater than 32'' :)

How tall are you? I'm 6'2" and skinny and I wear a size large in those Easton pants I was telling you about. They're the perfect warm-up pant/suit IMO.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I have never seen an inseam longer than that from the major retailers (CCM, Reebok, Bauer, Easton). I am 6'5" with a 36" inseam in regular pants and I have a pair of CCM's with cuffs and Bauers without. The shorter inseam doesn't really make much of a difference either way. They are both baggy enough so I can get a good kneebend and the Bauers dont flap in the wind. I went with XXL for both.

You're 6' 5'' so according to the sizing chart from hockeymonkey you're wearing pants that have a 50'' waist ? I'm not skinny, but I'm not that big. Can you post a link of the pants you wear ?

SCBruCrew4

Dec 5, 2011
Boston, Ma
Honestly go to TjMaxx or Marshalls (Or something similar) and just buy a pair of windbreaker pants. I bought a pair of Nike's for $10 I think and they work fine. Nothing fancy but in all honesty do you really NEED something fancy for warm ups?

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Look, this is not something FANCY...these are basic requirements that I need in order for the pants to fit properly. My requirements are very simple - windbreaker pants preferably with a liner for warmth, elastic cuffs on the pant leg, and a 36'' inseam or better. This is nothing fancy at all - this is a simple requirement so I can wear something that fits me. I don't want to wear wind pants that are riding up to my knees - is that really a problem? Is there no one who makes a decent pant for tall people ?

I haven't found these pants on the TJ Maxx website - if you have a link kindly share.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad