Ward or Fleury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I'll take Ward everytime, it takes a lot of composure to win a Stanley cup, and Fleury hasn't won anything, even when he had the guys in front of him to do so.

wildone26*

It is probably a moot point since neither could be anymore then the #3 until Brodeur retires, and then neither more then a #2 until Luongo retires. Still even if you are a #3 you get the medal, and get to practice with the team, and experience it all except competition of course(barring injuries).

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
It is probably a moot point since neither could be anymore then the #3 until Brodeur retires, and then neither more then a #2 until Luongo retires. Still even if you are a #3 you get the medal, and get to practice with the team, and experience it all except competition of course(barring injuries).

I wouldn't be so sure that Luongo is a lock. He still has quite a bit to prove when the games start to mean something. If he can get to the playoffs this year with Vancouver and make noise, then I would hitch my wagon to him in terms of being a Team Canada starter after Broduer, but i'll have to see it done when the games matter.

SJC00

Aug 6, 2006
Ile Des Chenes
Fleury was thrown on a team that wanted him to be Patrick Roy right away. He didn't have the experience that Ward had in Jr. IMO all goalies should have to play a year in the AHL first for experience. But I believe the question is RIGHT NOW who would you pick.
CAM WARD. after he just did that you cant fight it.
In 2010. that could be a whole different story. who knows how they will change and grow. But as of right now to me its not even a question.

(p.s. i said this when i love MAF)

wildone26*

I wouldn't be so sure that Luongo is a lock. He still has quite a bit to prove when the games start to mean something. If he can get to the playoffs this year with Vancouver and make noise, then I would hitch my wagon to him in terms of being a Team Canada starter after Broduer, but i'll have to see it done when the games matter.

Ok I see your point on that. He has not had the chance really up until now to really prove what he can do in big playoff type games, but this year he certainly is on a team that gives him that opportunity to give his team a very good record(or contribute to that atleast)and win playoff rounds for them. He has more opportunity now, but he also could be under some risk as far as his position if he does not deliever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->