Cam Ward,Corey Locke and Sidney Crosby are the finalist's for CHL Player of the
year to be named on May 19 at Memorial Cup.Is it a given that Crosby will be
the winner?

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
It's fine, I moved it to the right place.

However, I don't think it's a slam dunk for Crosby. He still has two years of Junior hockey ahead of him and if he's not the most deserving player this year, he certainly will be for the next two.

If Corey Locke deserves it more, give it to him. He's almost certainly not going to repeat that performance in the NHL, so it would be nice for him to at least get his respect on this level. It's not going to hurt to give it to him, in my opinion.

However, there is a part of me that wants to see Cam Ward get it so people can give him his due respect as one of the top goaltending prospects in the world. For what it's worth, Go Cam!

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
I think Sidney has only one year left in Junior.I do believe Corey Locke won the
award last year.Being from the east I don't know much about Cam Ward but he
must be pretty good to be getting the attention he's getting especially considering
there are some pretty good goalies in the chl right now.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Sidney Crosby... Locke 120 points 18 yo... Crosby 135 points 16 yo and miss 11 games and played for a team that finish last in 2002-2003...

As for Ward.. too bad for him

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
George Bachul said:
Would you say that Crosby is a Locke for the aWard? :lol

For those who do not like corny humour, accept my apologies.
apologies accepted.
;)

leafaholix*

CrosbyIsGod said:
Sidney Crosby... Locke 120 points 18 yo... Crosby 135 points 16 yo and miss 11 games and played for a team that finish last in 2002-2003...

As for Ward.. too bad for him
Corey Locke is 20 years old.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Caniacforever said:
It's fine, I moved it to the right place.

However, I don't think it's a slam dunk for Crosby. He still has two years of Junior hockey ahead of him and if he's not the most deserving player this year, he certainly will be for the next two.

If Corey Locke deserves it more, give it to him. He's almost certainly not going to repeat that performance in the NHL, so it would be nice for him to at least get his respect on this level. It's not going to hurt to give it to him, in my opinion.

However, there is a part of me that wants to see Cam Ward get it so people can give him his due respect as one of the top goaltending prospects in the world. For what it's worth, Go Cam!

LOL just by saying Crosby isnt the Most deseriving player this year makes you look uneducated. Or you just dont follow the CHL.

Age aside, Crosby out performed Locke and Ward this year.

leafaholix*

La-La-Laprise said:
LOL just by saying Crosby isnt the Most deseriving player this year makes you look uneducated. Or you just dont follow the CHL.

Age aside, Crosby out performed Locke and Ward this year.
I agree.

Rimouski last year was one of the worst junior teams in Canada... this year they were one of the best teams in Canada.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Captain Conservative said:
Read Caniacs message again. He said "if crosby isnt the most deserving player this year, he certainly will be the next two."

He never said who he thinks should win it.

Thank You ;)

It appears as if people around here have trouble reading modifiers. Crosby probably should, and will, win player of the year. I was just stating that cases could be made for any of them.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Caniacforever said:
Thank You ;)

It appears as if people around here have trouble reading modifiers. Crosby probably should, and will, win player of the year. I was just stating that cases could be made for any of them.

Yeah i skim when people write a lot :) Too many threads on here to be reading every word.

But yeah all 3 played great and all 3 are MVP Material, but only 1 person will win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->