Ward: Flames are making progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This team knows what it takes to win. They're just not interested in putting in the effort. The breakout passes and support by our defensemen was utterly abysmal until the final 5 minutes of the game.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
They are not in synch, one guy wants to take hockey back to the 80s, the other guys want to play non contact hockey. Add in a few guys that can’t do it anymore and a clueless coach. Even the best goalie in hockey can’t save them.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
It seems the way Ward wants this team to play and the players he has don't align very well. I understand wanting to give him a chance after doing a decent job taking over for Peters but this shit has to end soon. This team has enough talent to win the division, they need to use it properly.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Are we still making progress?
giphy.gif

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Still making progress guys.

I actually agree with him. Last night's game was not bad at all. I would guess we had a slightly higher number of chances, and we kept McDongle quiet for basically the entire night.

What this team needs to stop doing is constantly making the first mistake and playing from behind. Teams like the Canucks and Oilers, and especially their coaches, love playing with a lead. Every time we do that, the other team clogs up the middle and forces us to go through five guys constantly. The lack of odd-man rushes or time and space in general then makes it look like we aren't doing anything.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I actually agree with him. Last night's game was not bad at all. I would guess we had a slightly higher number of chances, and we kept McDongle quiet for basically the entire night.

What this team needs to stop doing is constantly making the first mistake and playing from behind. Teams like the Canucks and Oilers, and especially their coaches, love playing with a lead. Every time we do that, the other team clogs up the middle and forces us to go through five guys constantly. The lack of odd-man rushes or time and space in general then makes it look like we aren't doing anything.

We generated f*** off on offence and got shut down hard in the 2nd and 3rd. Oilers aren’t defensive stalwarts either, so wtf is going on?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I need someone to clarify how players not giving a shit and quitting on the team is making progress. Wards own words, “we need players to give a shit”.

I feel for Ward, he seems like a super great man, I’d love to drink with him. But I don’t think he’s the one to leads these troops through a wall.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't really understand where you guys are getting the information that guys aren't giving a shit. Making mistakes and playing with low confidence does not necessarily coincide with apathy. Even complacency itself does not necessarily imply wilful contempt.

I think Ward wanted to give a wake up call in light of complacency, but it seemed to me like guys were skating hard last night. Our biggest issue right now is execution in the offensive zone.

Reactions: Gormo and Mazatt

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Guys we just don’t have enough talent. Watch the top American teams like Colorado and Vegas at Lake Tahoe right now. We are quite a ways off competing with that.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don't really understand where you guys are getting the information that guys aren't giving a shit. Making mistakes and playing with low confidence does not necessarily coincide with apathy. Even complacency itself does not necessarily imply wilful contempt.

I think Ward wanted to give a wake up call in light of complacency, but it seemed to me like guys were skating hard last night. Our biggest issue right now is execution in the offensive zone.

The words came right from Wards mouth. Not everyone looks checked out, but a lot do and the coach commented on such.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
They are not in synch, one guy wants to take hockey back to the 80s, the other guys want to play non contact hockey. Add in a few guys that can’t do it anymore and a clueless coach. Even the best goalie in hockey can’t save them.
Not tonight again 1st period! Ouch. The Flames is barely flickering again.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
We generated f*** off on offence and got shut down hard in the 2nd and 3rd. Oilers aren’t defensive stalwarts either, so wtf is going on?
Monahan is MIA. Oh yah, he is actually not playing, not dressed. Where's our defense? Gio is a mere skeleton, coming close to an "aborition", of his old self.
We need Oliver man! Is he still playing, or has he retired before his career has been allowed to get started?

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I need someone to clarify how players not giving a shit and quitting on the team is making progress. Wards own words, “we need players to give a shit”.

I feel for Ward, he seems like a super great man, I’d love to drink with him. But I don’t think he’s the one to leads these troops through a wall.

That is "progress toward extinction " as in, an ass-backward first to the end of the line type "progress".
Maybe that is turning into the plan, to Tank and reboot, rebuild and maybe land a McDavid"Saviour" next couple of drafts?
Ouch!
Need a new #1 D, a new #1C, a new top RW, and new coaching systems, motivation and purpose. New owners, new management, new arena...New government, too, while we're at it.
Eezy-peezy Tre, get her done.
Yah right. Good luck eh!
I just want to be working again and to enjoy hockey once in a while. Is that too much to ask?

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
The words came right from Wards mouth. Not everyone looks checked out, but a lot do and the coach commented on such.
Showing "leadership motivation skills" eh! Not.
Reminds of a few Supervisors, bosses I have had. Those companies are all extinct now or mere skeletons of what they were before _hitty leadership nepotism.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Treliving, a terrible dman, wants to build a defense first team. Ward, a terrible coach, is following his exact order.

They have scored 1 goal in 5 of the last 6 games.

They are making progress alright

two morons are running this franchise

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
5-1 L to Vancouver
2-1 L to Edmonton
7-1 L to Edmonton
(3-0 W over Toronto)
2-1 L to Toronto
6-1 L to Ottawa

Lost 5 of 6, outscored 22-8 in that span

Exactly what are we progressing towards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad