Wanted: Capologists for Y! Salary Cap league, draft Oct 9 12:30pm EDT

abbbaron

May 6, 2015
A bit hastily organized, but why not? The idea behind this league will be to try and somewhat emulate the salary cap structure of the NHL. We will use Yahoo's Live Salary Cap Draft to determine rosters. If you're not familiar with the Salary Cap Draft format, I strongly recommend jumping into a mock draft to get a feel for it. Basically it is an auction-style format where all the league's managers have the opportunity to bid for a player.
In this format the draft order doesn't matter nearly as much as in Yahoo's standard drafts; when it's a manager's turn to pick, they have 30sec to nominate a player for $1, the other managers then have 10-20sec to place a higher bid. Each player on your roster costs a minimum of $1, and every manager's total yearly budget will be $250. (note: this is a free league, no real money being exchanged)

Head-to-Head league with playoffs during the last weeks, scoring 15 total categories (10 skater, 5 goalie). Full 25-man rosters, and I would like to have as many as 16 teams but will settle with at least 8.
I have a potential keeper scheme in mind and it would go like this: you may keep EVERY/ANY player on your final roster, but in order to keep a given player you must double their salary from the previous year. From the mock drafts I have taken part in, the vast majority of the players end up costing only $1. Depending on the size of the league, it seems to be only the top ~100 players drafted who end up costing more than $1. So in practice, this rule for keepers should allow you to keep most of your roster if you so choose.

Should be fun: Join my Yahoo Sports Fantasy Hockey league, Cap-Crunchers

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad