Post-Game Talk (GBU): Want To Buy 2nd and 3rd line

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
Eichel was good all over the ice and I’m starting to warm up to him being a centre that can carry this team but he still makes a lot of frustrating plays/give aways much like Dahlin (who is in his first year)

Dahlin needs more ice time period. Yes he makes some dumb plays but he is by far our best defenceman.

Hutton is a god send. Second goal sucks not his fault neither was the third. He is a god send. I believe this guy is legit. His puck playing skills are the best I’ve ever seen.

This team has a long way to go though. Those first two periods are inexcusable. If we loose on Saturday I’m switching to Rochester.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Throw out the Anaheim and LA games and they haven't shown up for a 1st period. And everyone shows up against those two teams. Hell with the exception of the Anaheim, LA, Montreal and Vegas (home) game they haven't shown up for the first 40 minutes of most games.

Buttons85

RJ & Rayzor Fan Club
Jan 31, 2013
Austin, TX
I don't get the hate on Risto for this game. Yeah, he bumped into Hutton on goal 3 -- but otherwise I thought he was solid. And he was a beast in the 3rd. Certainly a solid bounceback game for him, IMO
Heaven help us if he played any worse than he did than last game. I still saw a lot of missed passes, icings, inability to contain the puck in the o-zone... in addition to slewfooting Hutton.

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
Give me whatever they gave the Sabres during the 2nd intermission.

We should have won that game. I think we played better overall. Too many scoring chances that went just wide.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The more I think about ERod being scratched the angrier I get. NOBODY on our roster over the past year has overachieved and produced better than expected than him. He is the last guy who should be getting a seat in the press box. Unless there is something we absolutely don't know about Phail scratching him is an embarrassing and disgraceful move on his part. He has no business being the coach of an NHL team.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
I don't get the hate on Risto for this game. Yeah, he bumped into Hutton on goal 3 -- but otherwise I thought he was solid. And he was a beast in the 3rd. Certainly a solid bounceback game for him, IMO

Risto was terrible (as per usual) I saw nothing from him to indicate a good game. Multiple failed exits from the d zone on crappy passes, inability to keep the puck in the ozone, inability to clear the net front, knocking the goalie for the 3rd, inability to pass in general. He is in constant panic mode in the d zone and does not take anytime to make good decisions he would probably make a better forward than D. This guy is one of the biggest problems on this team. At the very least reduce this guys ice time PLEASE!

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
The more I think about ERod being scratched the angrier I get. NOBODY on our roster over the past year has overachieved and produced better than expected than him. He is the last guy who should be getting a seat in the press box. Unless there is something we absolutely don't know about Phail scratching him is an embarrassing and disgraceful move on his part. He has no business being the coach of an NHL team.

Is ERod gonna be the difference maker for this team? Between all playing good or all playing bad? Nope.

Yea I want him to play too. But I’m not pissed off he hasn’t been either. To each his own. :dunno:

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Still a ways to go for these guys.

They don’t get off to good starts and it hurts them. The penalties need to be limited. Two minors in what, 6minutes to start the game? Can’t happen.

They’re going to struggle.

And then they’ll look decent in spurts.

Maybe have a good run.

But struggle.

Looking forward to when Olofsson & Pilut come up. That will change the look of this club a bit. But it’ll be another 20-30 games before that happens barring injury.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
That did not feel like a 48-shot performance offensively.

Not even close. And it’s somehow the most saves (46) in a win this year??

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
I don't get why Dahlin doesn't see the ice at all on the PK. Literally 0 seconds tonight on 5 kills.

Maybe they don't want to overuse an 18 year-old barely into the grind of an NHL season, but give him a few of Risto's PK minutes, and it would help the team, and probably both players.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I don't get why Dahlin doesn't see the ice at all on the PK. Literally 0 seconds tonight on 5 kills.

Maybe they don't want to overuse an 18 year-old barely into the grind of an NHL season, but give him a few of Risto's PK minutes, and it would help the team, and probably both players.

Double shift several forwards, jack obviously. Start 7 dmen and cut risto's minutes...give it a try why not.

Reactions: Goathead

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Throw out the Anaheim and LA games and they haven't shown up for a 1st period. And everyone shows up against those two teams. Hell with the exception of the Anaheim, LA, Montreal and Vegas (home) game they haven't shown up for the first 40 minutes of most games.
"We weren't ready"

Reactions: Goathead

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
It's not that he's a whipping boy, it's that he made several dreadful passes that led to turnovers in a third where Ottawa wasn't really pressing.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
G- Captain got some secondary assists that almost mattered

B- team didn't care until 3rd period

U- trounced in a half empty arena by a tanking team with a cheap owner that traded their 2 best players

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY

U- trounced in a half empty arena by a tanking team with a cheap owner that traded their 2 best players

Hey now! They "announced" 12,000+ in attendance!

Buffalo will look like that too if they don't pick it up again...

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010

For a tanking team they are right there with us in the point standings. I'd say Ottawa has gotten faster, more aggressive in the forecheck dept. And enjoys puck control stability.
They were the better team last night, and it wasnt even close really.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Also, a lot of really hot takes in here for a game were the Sabres generated almost 50 shots. Anderson stole that game.

Reactions: Fezzy126

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad