• Marc Crawford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some players as trade bait

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Dorion is the biggest problem.

This team was mediocre last year carried by a generational player.

Dorion is a terrible terrible GM.

Reactions: Mika Hoffmanijad

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Option 4. Dorion will make some personnel changes to try to improve the team. Got to wonder if getting Duchene for Turris and others really hurt this team more than we thought it would.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Am I the only one on here who thinks Duchene has played well enough to have a lot more points than he does right now? I don't think you can evaluate a trade after 7 games when the team is in the midst of a low point for their season. And if you can't evaluate this team during a slump I don't think you can evaluate management and coaching. Surely, being within one goal of the Cup Finals can buy you more than 25 games the following season?

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Players -> Dorion - > Crawford -> Boucher

Dorion is nothing special and easily replaced. He will trade players away to save his job. Worsening the team in the long run.

Crawford and Boucher are still a ways away from being gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
The firing of Dorion would concern me greatly. Who in the Sens organization would be in charge of hiring a new GM? Anselmi?? He's just a business man. Melnyk?? He's a complete idiot.

Sens don't have competent hockey minds above the GM like the Leafs have for example (ie Shanahan and company). I feel dirty saying that.

If Dorion is fired, we all know WTF will happen. The damn ex-athletic trainer (aka Randy Lee) would become the new GM.

Man this organization if f***ed with Melnyk at the helm.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Players -> Dorion - > Crawford -> Boucher

Dorion is nothing special and easily replaced. He will trade players away to save his job. Worsening the team in the long run.

Crawford and Boucher are still a ways away from being gone.
Why would Crawford be fired before Boucher?

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Firing Boucher or Crawford would be a huge smack to the face. Consistently hiring coaches only to fire them after 2-3 years can really dampen the atmosphere of a franchise.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
How much blame does Boucher deserve for Sens’ slump? - Article - TSN

I agree with much of what Mendes says here. Boucher deserves criticism but some things have been beyond his control.
Agreed. Some of the blame sure but everyone who thinks that firing him will magically make everything better again is delusional.

Things that are Boucher's fault:
Power play
Player deployment

Things that are not Boucher's fault:
Goaltending
Karlsson

Like Mendes says in the article, if Anderson/Condon and Karlsson play like we know they can, this isn't even a conversation.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Dorion isn't firing Boucher. Look at the kind of things Dorion said about Boucher when hiring him. Dorion seemed enamoured with the guy, completely bought in, and envisioned the two as a pairing that would win this franchise multiple cups. Not only that, going to the conference final last year probably buys Boucher a lot of good will with Dorion, I think the two are a package deal.

Wasn't their rumours about Alfredsson not seeing eye to eye with current management? If the Sens miss the playoffs this year, and if the team is sold with Alfredsson having a big say as part of the new ownership group, I think we'll see missing the playoffs used as an excuse for the new ownership to clean house and place their own guys in management and coaching. If the team manages to bounce back from this losing streak and somehow find their way into the playoffs, maybe that doesn't happen for another year or two.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Dorion moves.
Duchene, I like this move. Turris was not going to re-sign. Price was high, but I believe it wont take long till Duchene hits his grove.
Burrows for Dahleen. The trade was bad, even if it is just a prospect, the re-signing at 2 years is bad.
Sending out Lazar. Good move.
Stalberg. Meh.
Condon - Great move.
Mika for Brass. Was never a fan of Mika, but its starting to not look good despite Brassards playoff production last year.
Chaisson for Sieloff. That worked out well...
Allowing Boucher to give spots to his beer league friends...Come on!
Re-signing Boro. Why?
Smith - That is a lot for what he brings.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
And the winner is...PP coach Raymond. He gets to walk the plank asap...since Boucher is firmly planted on deck (for now). Sens PP has been, and will continue to be, the difference between winning & losing. Firing the PP coach sends a clear message that the PP strategies have been failing dismally...since last year. Standing still, no movement, predictable, no down-low wrinkles

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
And the winner is...PP coach Raymond. He gets to walk the plank asap...since Boucher is firmly planted on deck (for now). Sens PP has been, and will continue to be, the difference between winning & losing. Firing the PP coach sends a clear message that the PP strategies have been failing dismally...since last year. Standing still, no movement, predictable, no down-low wrinkles
Where do we get the idea that Raymond is the PP coach? Is there a link to that info?

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The firing of Dorion would concern me greatly. Who in the Sens organization would be in charge of hiring a new GM? Anselmi?? He's just a business man. Melnyk?? He's a complete idiot.

Sens don't have competent hockey minds above the GM like the Leafs have for example (ie Shanahan and company). I feel dirty saying that.

If Dorion is fired, we all know WTF will happen. The damn ex-athletic trainer (aka Randy Lee) would become the new GM.

Man this organization if ****ed with Melnyk at the helm.

That's where you see Sens lack of funds compared to the Leafs. Leafs probably spend 5 times what the Sens do for management , scouting and other off ice positions. Money can make a difference.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Where do we get the idea that Raymond is the PP coach? Is there a link to that info?

He was hired June 2016 and would be "working with the forwards". If not Raymond, then whoever is responsible or the gawd-awful predictable PP MUST GO...AND WALK THE PLANK.

It's not only about throwing deadweight overboard..but also creating a hiring opportunity for someone else w real PP coaching ability...not one of Boucher's existing staff!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He was hired June 2016 and would be "working with the forwards". If not Raymond, then whoever is responsible or the gawd-awful predictable PP MUST GO...AND WALK THE PLANK.
I think Raymond works with the forwards and works with the PP but I think he assists , in that he does not design the schemes he works on getting the players to execute as per the design. I think he assists Boucher and Boucher has 99% control over everything they are trying to do. Its just the sense I get about who Boucher is and who Raymond is. I would be happy to see a reference, as I have seen it mentioned here several times

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I wonder if Martin St-Louis or some other cagey NHL retiree would be able to help fix our PP? What would it cost?

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
One or 2 players would be my 1st vote if they sink any further where it looks like a sure miss. Guys like Smith, Dzingel and Pageau might become available. They are not my fav to trade but after that who'd want them if they aren't high prospects.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North

Man this organization if ****ed with Melnyk at the helm.

This is an excellent point. Another assistant raised under the same roof elevated to GM wouldn't be the answer. I wonder if Alfie has picked up enough to tackle a job like that. With his playing experience I'd trust his judgement to build a team with skill and two way play but it would take time to change the mix. They could make Alfie head of hockey operations with full veto above Dorion or if that presented a problem just replace him as GM and have both titles like BM did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad