Walk away number for the Sens with EK

What is the offer you are comfortable with the Sens walking away from for EK?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
10.5 to 11M x 8yr is about what Karlsson is worth in my uninformed opinion. It seems like most teams in our cap situation would offer him that to stay.

I'm pessimistic enough that I'd bet on PD offering 9.5 to 10 as his "fair offer" which EK turns down and eventually is traded along side Ryan for an underwhelming return.

Reactions: Heady Topper

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I don't think they'll go over 11 Million, over 8 years.

They should also offer a full NMC, and make it retroactive, to cover the final year on his current contract.

They could also make his new contract "lockout/strike proof" by structuring the bonus payments to cover the season that a possible lockout of strike may be possible.
Count nailed the Doughty level contract.

Will Eugene go this far?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Yes it was. He will age just as badly as Karlsson. But at least he's interested in playing defence. Sens absolutely need to move on from Karlsson.
Couldn't disagree more.

When you have the opportunity to lock up a Doughty or EK for a reasonable contract you do so. Otherwise you just turn into a farm team for the rest of the league.

Runback

Jul 26, 2014
Couldn't disagree more.

When you have the opportunity to lock up a Doughty or EK for a reasonable contract you do so. Otherwise you just turn into a farm team for the rest of the league.
I realize I'm almost a lone voice. But if we overpay for a brilliant offenceman who can't play defence then we how do we sign Stone and Duchene, or anyone else? THAT is when we become a farm team. But, again, i know I'm pretty much alone on this island.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I realize I'm almost a lone voice. But if we overpay for a brilliant offenceman who can't play defence then we how do we sign Stone and Duchene, or anyone else? THAT is when we become a farm team. But, again, i know I'm pretty much alone on this island.
No problem with you seeing things differently. So if Doughty and EK aren't worthy of 11M per, do you think any players merit that much money?

I also think your evaluation of EK is heavily flawed.

Runback

Jul 26, 2014
No problem with you seeing things differently. So if Doughty and EK aren't worthy of 11M per, do you think any players merit that much money?

I also think your evaluation of EK is heavily flawed.

I can't think of many huge contracts where any team is not handcuffed for the back half of it. McDavid's a notable exception of course due to age. And I probably am being harder in my evaluation than I should, probably just for emphasis. But I've seen him make so many poor decisions and sometimes not even look like he cared in his own zone, that I can't condone top dollar for that. He's on the ice ALL of the time, and we always have defensive problems. Must be a link, no? Having said that, he was a warrior in our playoff run. Along with Bobby.

Last edited:

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
With Eugene restructuring the debt, and moving out Hoffman, buying out Burrows and possibly trading Anderson, I think Pierre could offer Karlsson something competitive.

Karlsson’s affect on attendance will easily cover the additional cost to keep him. I would argue that the contract should be front loaded so that if his play declines towards the end of the deal, you aren’t necessarily over paying and could move him if necessary.

8X11 structured as:
13, 13, 12, 12, 10, 10, 9, 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->