Walk away number for the Sens with EK

What is the offer you are comfortable with the Sens walking away from for EK?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
What is the offer from the Sens to EK that you are comfortable with the Sens walking from the negotiations, if rejected by the Karlsson camp?

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
11 for me.....Now i can understand EK wanting more,he is worth more as a UFA....But at 11 and with the team resigning all of their other top end talent before and the owner actually spending.....I can live with it

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I went with the 12-12.9 range because I wouldn't squabble over a mil but would be okay with them walking away from anything over 11 too. I'd prefer it to land around 10 or 11 and think that is a fair deal for both sides.

Some people seem hell bent and almost offended at the idea of Karlsson not getting his max worth, but I would be ecstatic about getting him on a discount and would very much prefer that to just handing him 12 or 13 straight away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
McDavid is the cap. It would be stupid to squabble over a million dollars when it comes to a talent like Karlsson.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It's not my money and we aren't a cap team, which will likely be near $80M next year if not the one after.

So with that in mind I went with anything $13M and over. Anything under that is fine even if one would hope he'd go with something around $10-11M which is very, very team friendly.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Seems to be a lot of suggestions, that would result in almost the doubling of his current AVV.

Just wondering, how many impending UFAs received an extension that pretty much doubled their current AVV?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Seems to be a lot of suggestions, that would result in almost the doubling of his current AVV.

Just wondering, how many impending UFAs received an extension that pretty much doubled their current AVV?
The fact that he is underpaid on his current deal is completely irrelevant to his upcoming deal.

But irrelevant is what you do best...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sens will not go over 12 mil .. No way no how. They will give Karlsson a good offer but they will draw the line.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I don't think they'll go over 11 Million, over 8 years.

They should also offer a full NMC, and make it retroactive, to cover the final year on his current contract.

They could also make his new contract "lockout/strike proof" by structuring the bonus payments to cover the season that a possible lockout of strike may be possible.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
PD should make the offer details public. Then if EK walks, it's not a mystery as to whether the Sens offered A,B,C etc like the Turris situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad