Waiver Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
Crazy Joe Davola said:
When a team places a player on Waivers during the season, and say there are multiple teams interested in picking said player, how is it determined which team gets dibs?

Thanks!

Whichever team that is last in the standings, right now that would be the Blues or the Blue Jackets, i think.

(correct me if i'm wrong)

Crazy Joe Davola

Mar 29, 2005
Thanks.

Another question. Using Mogilny as an example, if he is sent down to the minors, his salary is no longer is counted against the team cap. However, when he is in the minors, is he still getting paid the same amount of money, since this player more than likely does not have a two way contract?

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
Crazy Joe Davola said:
Thanks.

Another question. Using Mogilny as an example, if he is sent down to the minors, his salary is no longer is counted against the team cap. However, when he is in the minors, is he still getting paid the same amount of money, since this player more than likely does not have a two way contract?

Yes, he receives his full salary.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
Lion of the North said:
Whichever team that is last in the standings, right now that would be the Blues or the Blue Jackets, i think.

Close. The waiver priority order is the reverse order of current standings, based on percentage of possible points earned (not total points) to account for differences in games played. Before November 1, priority is based on the previous years standings. After November 1, it is based on the current seasons standings. This year was a special case (since there was no previous season) - before November 1, wiaver priority was based on the draft lottery order.

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
kdb209 said:
Lion of the North said:

Close. The waiver priority order is the reverse order of current standings, based on percentage of possible points earned (not total points) to account for differences in games played. Before November 1, priority is based on the previous years standings. After November 1, it is based on the current seasons standings. This year was a special case (since there was no previous season) - before November 1, wiaver priority was based on the draft lottery order.
If the Blues remain in last place throughout the season they will have first crack at each player? They claimed Gamache last month and swiped Orszagh before Phoenix could sign him. I thought that the Blues had to move to the end of the line after the Gamache claim?

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
AdmiralPred said:
If the Blues remain in last place throughout the season they will have first crack at each player? They claimed Gamache last month and swiped Orszagh before Phoenix could sign him. I thought that the Blues had to move to the end of the line after the Gamache claim?

I know in fantasy hockey a team is moved back when making a claim. In the real league however I do not think that is the case. I think that some people are confusing the fantasy league rules with the actual rules.:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad