Waiver list released...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
excellent

Great job Eric!!!!!!

With this completed does anyone have a clue when the season will start?

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Muchos Appreciados, Eric! We got together last night with Corey Wells in Toronto or a pint (or several). He apologized again for being on the road for work and thus unable to submit a waiver list - I hope we took it easy on him in putting his list together!

By the way, how are you feeling these days? You're certainly missed in the league, but everyone understands the importance of taking your time with your recovery...

Wishing you all the best,

Douglas

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Dryden said:
Great job Eric!!!!!!

With this completed does anyone have a clue when the season will start?

Hey, Dry - slacker!

A little bird mentioned last night (at the GM get-together you were too sick to attend) that the season might start as early as Monday. Not an official announcement, of course, but something to shoot for...

godlh

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Thanks for the concerns...

Ohio Jones said:
Hey, Dry - slacker!

A little bird mentioned last night (at the GM get-together you were too sick to attend) that the season might start as early as Monday. Not an official announcement, of course, but something to shoot for...

Thanks for asking Douglas but I'm back on track jack (or am I? good thing I don't use lines like these to pickup the ladies!...PS, make sure my girlfriend DOES NOT GET HOLD OF THIS LAST STATEMENT!)

I'm feeling great and ready to take on a bigger role with the league, my agent is currently negociation with league offcials!

I don't think my return will be on a GM basis, I hope to be more involved with league-related issues.

I'm sure we'll have more info shortly!
Eric

godlh

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Ohio Jones said:
MWe got together last night with Corey Wells in Toronto or a pint (or several). He apologized again for being on the road for work and thus unable to submit a waiver list - I hope we took it easy on him in putting his list together!

Douglas

As for the waiver lists of those who did not submit, I was as fair as possible and used my own judgement with the waiver lists (what I would do if this were my team)...now I will admit that the four lists were made up between midnight and 2 AM last night...the lists were also made at the time the Flames killed my Leafs in OT so don't be surprised if there are a couple of exposed players due to my bitterness...just kidding, of course.

I was as fair as possible with the lists.
Eric

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
godlh said:
As for the waiver lists of those who did not submit, I was as fair as possible and used my own judgement with the waiver lists (what I would do if this were my team)...now I will admit that the four lists were made up between midnight and 2 AM last night...the lists were also made at the time the Flames killed my Leafs in OT so don't be surprised if there are a couple of exposed players due to my bitterness...just kidding, of course.

Eric

That's all anyone can ask for.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Maybe you can pass your secret along to Jason Allison and Adam Deadmarsh... wait, Krueger and Pitt have those two players, don't they? Forget I said anything - let 'em suffer! You'll be welcomed back in whatever capacity you are in a position to undertake.

Thanks once again,

D

godlh

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Ohio Jones said:
That's all anyone can ask for.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Maybe you can pass your secret along to Jason Allison and Adam Deadmarsh... wait, Krueger and Pitt have those two players, don't they? Forget I said anything - let 'em suffer! You'll be welcomed back in whatever capacity you are in a position to undertake.

Thanks once again,

D

Not to bore everyone with my story but everything is cleared up...I had planned on coming back sooner (I had discussions with Matt) but my full-time return to work at the time was a tad overwhelming...but all is fine now...and I think that both Allison and Deadmarsh got it far worse than I did...hope their "head doctor"... he likes that I call him that! ... are as good as mine is!

So enough about me, let's get this season going ... talk to most of you on Saturday!

BiLLY

Mar 3, 2002
Eric, you did a great job with the lists. Enabled me to understand those tables for once and even saved me from protecting a player I didnt need to protect.

Thanks

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
godlh said:

Eric

A Leafs fan living in Ottawa, eh?

*Adds name to leafs fan hit list

Glad to hear you are feeling better, and a good job with those lists. You got them out right away, which was greatly appreciated.

godlh

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Hossa said:
A Leafs fan living in Ottawa, eh?

Hell, I feel it every day in this town (especially when it comes to our local sports radio station...I am not kidding, I think that most guys who call in the TEAM would rather see the Leafs not make the playoffs than the Sens win the Cup!).

Die-hard Leafs fan...to make matters worse, I'm actually a French boy (don't ask me what part of Quebec i'm from, I'm actually one of those rare Franco-Ontarians that people only read about in books!) and when I was young in my hometown (Rockland) you were either a Habs fan or you were dead...I chose the Leafs...i'm surprised my family wasn't banished from the town!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad