Waiver Claim Process ‘Refresher’

HFNHL Red Wings

With several new GM’s in the league and even a few of the old dogs seemingly forgetting how waivers work in the HFNHL I figured it’s time for a refresher.

(i) All waiver claims are forwarded to the Sim Manager (me for now)
(ii) No waiver claims are processed until the end of the waiver period (approx two days but I add one if a double header is run). This is to give all teams a fair chance to submit a claim.
(iii) If submitting multiple waiver claims please include a priority order
(iv) The player will go to the team that has the highest waiver priority (explained below)
(v) The successful claiming team’s waiver priority drops to 30th and will move back up as other teams make claims during the season
(vi) The team losing the player to waivers receives $50,000 from the claiming team
(vii) The claimed player is moved back to the pro roster

Waiver priority is primarily based on relative team standings but is reduced through successful waiver claims.
Example: Two players are on the waiver wire and multiple teams submit claims on both players. Assuming none of the teams have made a waiver pickup the team lowest in the standings will receive the player they rated highest but then have their waiver priority reduced to 30th. As a result the team now second lowest in the standings will have the higher waiver priority and will be the successful claimant on the other waived player. That last claiming team now drops to 30th in waiver priority and Team A moves up to 29th, etc.

REMINDER: Players claimed off waivers cannot be traded for the entire season.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
As far as I remember, player has to be 24 years old or younger or player has played less than 5 games in HFNHL in a season.

It's somethign like that... actually, the GM Editor will tell you when you try to send down a player who will be eligible for waivers, and ask you to confirm. (You folks are all using the GM Editor to manage your orster changes when you submit lines, right? Of course, you still need to give Drew written instruction in a text file so he can make the change to match you lines - the player won't automatically be sent down).

HFNHL Red Wings

Actually the player will be sent down for most versions of the GM Editor. The notifying me of sending players down part came when a few individuals with particular O/S and GM Editor combinations were reporing errors when trying to send guys down and so I was having to do it for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->