News Article: Waiver Claim - Gabriel Dumont

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Dzingel-Pageau-White
Pyatt-Thompson-Burrows/Dumont

I will continue to wish and hope that this will be our bottom six at one point this season...

It would also mean Burrows sits a couple of games. Everyone in their appropriate chair.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Dzingel-Pageau-White
Pyatt-Thompson-Burrows/Dumont

I will continue to wish and hope that this will be our bottom six at one point this season...

It would also mean Burrows sits a couple of games. Everyone in their appropriate chair.

That third line could actually score a goal. Not sure if Boucher likes that.

Reactions: Sensinitis

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I think Dumont adds more to this lineup than Burrows does. He can hit, take the body, take draws, work the PK. Not sure what Burrows does.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I think Dumont adds more to this lineup than Burrows does. He can hit, take the body, take draws, work the PK. Not sure what Burrows does.

Dumont was one of the best Sens on the ice vs the Islanders, in the "role" that he plays....... fore-checking and defending

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I still have no idea why Dorion traded for and then extended Burrows.

To add a veteran, with speed to the playoff run ........ and was signed essentially to take one of Kelly's or Neil's spot on the roster for the following two seasons, as Dorion knew they would not be back.
He could be traded (10-team no trade list) at the deadline if Dorion wants as well.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
To add a veteran, with speed to the playoff run ........ and was signed essentially to take one of Kelly's or Neil's spot on the roster for the following two seasons, as Dorion knew they would not be back.
He could be traded (10-team no trade list) at the deadline if Dorion wants as well.

Burrows has speed?

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Thank god, and of course the usual peep defending this useless player.

Who exactly?

I don't think there was anyone that was defending the guy, and if they were it was more defending Dorion for the move.

It was a waiver claim and now he's back on waivers. Nothing gained, nothing lost.

You can say it wasted everyones time, but then again this entire season has been a waste, don't think anyone was really attached to this guy in any significant way

Reactions: coladin

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Gabriel Dumont waived by #Sens. Has a two-way deal that pays him 650,000 in NHL and 200,000 in AHL. Wonder if Tampa brings him back?
— Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) February 20, 2018
Just to be clear according to CapFriendly Dumont is on a one way this year with the balance left on $650k no matter where he plays. Next season he's on a 2 way at $650k NHL and $200k AHL as was posted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->