News Article: Waiver Claim - Gabriel Dumont

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
This pickup just shows why most of us will never be an NHL GM.
Another smallish 4th liner who doesn't score much at the pro level originally drafted by MTL as was their style no less. He's pretty tough too remember he fought Chris Wideman to a near draw. Obviously just what the Sens needed!!! Kudos to Dorion for this gem find!

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
He won't bring much offense to you, if any, but nice depth player who'll bring energy with his hits. Good player to have around if you're into that.

Reactions: coladin

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Literally no nothing about him.

I guess if hes tenacious that's good. Hopefully he has good wheels because he is small

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I don't mind this. We currently have a full roster with Chabot, Dido, Paul and Harpur as call-ups. We've dipped a lot into Belleville and having a guy who can play spot duty never hurts.

I don't expect to see too much of him, anyways.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It's really a nothing move. He fills a roster hole in the lineup.

If anything, it speaks more about Max McCormick and Nick Paul, not sure why Paul isn't being given more of a shot.

McCormick on a 1-way still baffles me

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Don't hate this one bit. Good 4th line guy who knows the system
Just cuz he didn't it for Boucher 10 years ago doesn't mean he can do it now in the best hockey league in the world.

I'll wait and see to see what this guy can bring. But yeah. I'm pretty sure we have young guys that can do the job.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I remember when Hoffman was on waivers we need to claim a guy like that on the waiver wire

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think this has more to do with ensuring the prospects that need more development time can stay down in Belleville; they're getting pretty depleted with Didomenico, Paul, Harpur and Chabot all up with the big team; this allows us to send Paul back down where he'll get 15-20 mins a night instead of 7.

I don't expect much, though he had quite the season in Drummondville as an 18 yr old.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think this has more to do with ensuring the prospects that need more development time can stay down in Belleville; they're getting pretty depleted with Didomenico, Paul, Harpur and Chabot all up with the big team; this allows us to send Paul back down where he'll get 15-20 mins a night instead of 7.

I don't expect much, though he had quite the season in Drummondville as an 18 yr old.

Paul needs to play in the NHL. Its time to bring him up he is actually big and physical which is something this team lacks big time. I am not sure how he can earn the coachs trust if he never gives him a chance. Boucher is over coaching this season its very evident. This is why players tune him out and this is why his shelf life as a coach is so short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad